Zee Germans Shopping - Split shipping

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get some gear (ergon backpack, IXS pads, bits n bobs) from Bike-Discount but the shipping is $40 AUD flat.

Just wondering if any Melbournites need to grab anything off there and want to split shipping?
As this has it's risks, this is more targeted at the frequent posters that people can put a face to aka people less likely to do a runner.

I'd like to hope there's some trust here haha. Hesitation is understood.

Hopefully this thread can become a place that Burners can save some coin together as German prices are damn good but each of them have the 25 euro flat shipping fee. It adds up over time.

If this has been done before and failed miserably ... feel free to shoot it down

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Hmmm, I better check. I’m bound to need something...

Edit: yep - I’m in for some brake pads and a chainring. I’ll pm you and just let me know if this shindig gets wings

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Just watch your combined order doesn't get much past 600 Euro (or about 1000 Aussie pesos) - the Border Force might get heavy on you and hit you with the Gerry Harvey tax.

Bit of a thread derail, but I was using the online chat facility with bike-components.de the other night (yep... had nothing better to do) and I asked the German dude on the keyboard in Aachen whether the Australian Government has contacted them and told them that as of July 1st they may need to be registered and start collecting 10% GST(VAT) from their Australian customers and then paying it to our Government. Needless to say, the guy thought I was taking the piss - perhaps they don't exceed the AUD75k threshold?

At any rate, given that the German pricing is roughly 60% of what we pay locally, adding 10% GST post June 30 isn't really going to dissuade further trade - this Rotorburn order-sharing service might help offset some of the GST though.

Has anyone Googled these German stores before - see what sort of places we're buying from?

Bike-components looks like an Apple Store for bikes...

Bike24's distribution centre - stocktake anyone?
upload_2018-5-10_21-22-16.png

Bike discount - department store for bikes...
upload_2018-5-10_21-27-22.png

Nothing in half measures... except their prices!

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Got a list together from the fellas above, I'll make the order tonight so if any other Melbournites need anything then give me a yell.