Zero alcohol for December anyone?

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am planning a few big events with loads of climbing next year (1 is over 7000M in a day) and hope to loose 8-10kg by June.

I always find i spend Jan/ Feb trying to get rid of Christmas/ New Year exesses so have decided to pledge an alcohol free December.

Anyone game to join me?

willsy01

Eats Squid
December would have to be THE worst month to attempt such a thing.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for healthy living and am a pretty light drinker.......but no beer over Xmas? C'mon........

disappearin

Likes Dirt
Stick with it, youll feel better for it. I've done a couple 3 month no drinking stints leading up to big races, planning another one after New Years. Have you checked out 'hellosundaymorning'? It's got heaps of people doing the same thing for various reasons. It's a good way to keep on track.

scblack

Leucocholic
I went March this year without a drink.

Xmas - New Years period is absolutely no chance for no drinks for me. Bugger that for a joke.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Might be a good idea to find something else you enjoy drinking so you can at least curb the feeling of wanting a beer or whatever your poison of choice.
I dont drink anymore, only alcohol will be in deserts, While I had no trouble stopping it was amazing how much peer pressure there was around, I'm pretty stubborn so A simple no was easy but if your someone who can sucumb to pressure try get people on board early it might help. If its purely for weight and your drinking isn't a problem then nothing wrong with having a a few maybe just give yourself one a week so you have that goal to look towards. Sort of like over weight people having cheat meals Ahah.

Aside from feeling better your bank account is much happier too.
Since nov2008 Iv only had alcohol in foods and a few small glasses.

Last edited:

Sic

Likes Dirt
I would never try and stop drinking over xmas/new years I think its setting yourself up for failure.

You want my advice stop drinking in February, it will give you a chance to detox after a boozy December Jan and the real upside is its the shortest month of the year.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
It's steamed broccoli, dontchyaknow!!
broccoli *is* supposed to have negative calorie value - unless you're on O blood type with thyroid isshews.....apparently....

tip for partying over the period without getting hassled - buy Bundaberg ginger beers (the XXXX shaped ones, not the lo-cal with the long necks) and drink them from a stubby holder. everyone assumes you're drinking alcoholic beer and leaves you the hell alone.

ginger beer and unsweetened pineapple juice is a nice no-alcohol cocktail too.

driftking

Wheel size expert
"roadie" is a generalised insult to imply not only do you not drink beer, you probably also eat poached chicken breast with steamed beans ;)
Thats also called being healthy...
Nutrient maintaince, no unhealthy fats, no oxidization of oils And for those watching weight is cuts down calories a bit.

indica

Serial flasher
I'd go fpr zero alcohol free days in December, except I have a few runs of night shift so I cannae drink then. Fuck.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Have a crack at no alcohol for the month, it can't be that hard?

I haven't drunk alcohol in 19 years, probably saved a lot of money over that time (and wasted it on bike crap) and imparted a lot of goodwill and karma as the designated driver.