DH Zerode G1 - The Beast

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
IMG_0701.jpgView attachment 228341View attachment 228329IMG_0700.jpg
Picked this up beginning of the week, amazing bike to ride. A little on the porky side but then again one of the stiffest and most solid bikes I have ever ridden.
Took it for its first ride this afternoon and it absoutely shreds! It really is a bike you can just point and shoot and it just does what its told. The gearbox is amazing, so many benefits to it, shifting is instant and equires no pedalling to change gears. Not to mention just how silent it is!
Frame - Zerode G1 medium
Rear shock - Fox RC4
Front shock/fork - Boxxer Teams
Handlebars - Renthal Fatbars :p
Stem - 77 Designz pimp one
Headset - Cane Creek
Grips - ODI Ruffian
Saddle - SDG Bel Air
Seatpost - SDG I-Beam
Front brake - Elixer CR w/ Code caliper
Rear brake - Elixer CR
Cranks - Saint
Chainguide - tehehe
Chain(s) - Sram
Pedals - Point1 Podium (amazing!!)
Front derailleur - lol
Rear derailleur - even more lol
Rear shifter - one that comes with the Alfine hub
Cassette - hahaha
Front hub - Saint
Rear hub - Nukeproof
Front rim - DT Swiss EX500
Rear rim - DT Swiss EX500
Spokes - black ones
Nipples - gold ones
Tyres - Minion/High Roller
Tubes - something or other
Total weight - Quite heavy
PC180594.jpg

Last edited:

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That was the Demo bike down at thredbo hey..
I rode it a few weeks ago, incredible ride!!

How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking?

mxdame

Likes Dirt
Mate of mine has one, these bikes seriously make no noise & may be on the heavy side but its all perfectly weighted & ride so good.

Greeny_SA

Likes Dirt
That is the coolest / weirdest DH bike I've seen thus far............ need to rob a bank, or win lotto.

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
Love the Zerode. Would like to have one of those frames but with twins due any time soon a new DH rig is unlikely..............in the next 20+ years. Looks like you've got a sweet ride there.

kev1n

Cannon Fodder
Would you happen to know the weight of that bad boy?

how does she naturally ride? does it tend to pop or plow through things

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
Update, got some new stuff, Boxxer Teams, Renthal bars :02.47-tranquillity::02.47-tranquillity: and a shitload of mud from Awaba nationals which has now been cleaned off.
Anyone after a new bike/frame should seriously consider one of these, simply amazing.

Genius Josh

Likes Dirt
Awesome looking ride mate. Are you really feeling the benefit of the rearward axle path and low unsprung weight when you bash into stuff?

Josh

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
where can i get some of those of those renthals?
Sorry mate, top secret prototype testing, really shouldnt have pictures ;)
Awesome looking ride mate. Ar ' e you really feeling the benefit of the rearward axle path and low unsprung weight when you bash into stuff?

Josh
Oh yes definitely, it is very noticeable (wel unnoticeable actually haha), literaaly just riding into square-edge hits it just eats them up, has to be ridden to be believed.