Zerode G2

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks everyone who help me get this bike rolling. you know who you are. Especially Rob, sorry for all the late night emails lol.

Frame - Zerode G2, medium
Rear shock - Cane Creek double barrel
Front shock/fork - Rock Shox world cup
Handlebars - Deity black label, 788mm
Stem - Deity Phantom
Headset - Chris King
Grips - ODI Ruffian MX
Saddle - SDG Ti Fly
Seatpost - Thompson
Front brake - Saint M820, 203mm
Rear brake - Saint M820, 203mm
Cranks - Sram descendants, 165mm
Chainguide - That's cute
Chainring- Hope DH ring, 32t
Chain - Sram PC991 hollow
Pedals - Crank Brother mallet
Rear derailleur - LOL
Rear shifter - Sram X9 (modified)
Cassette - Bitch please
Front hub - Hope Pro 2 Evo
Rear hub - Hope Pro 2 Evo
Front rim - DT Swiss FR600
Rear rim - DT Swiss FR600
Spokes - Dt Swiss
Nipples - Dt Swiss
Tyres - Maxxis Minions 2.5"
Tubes - Maxxis
Total weight - Not sure

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks so badass with the new wheels on it. Should get the DT stickers off the rims for even more stealth points.

Won't be able to hear or see you coming now...

mcbeath94

Likes Bikes
Looks so badass with the new wheels on it. Should get the DT stickers off the rims for even more stealth points.

Won't be able to hear or see you coming now...
Except for the Subi coming oppo lock up the shuttle roads. Damn hoons.

Looks the goods Sparkles!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
How's it ride compared to the session? Looks like it has the weight higher up than usual, but then I'm not sure if they are lighter overall to compensate.

Loving the black look!

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I has to adjust my style abit coming off the session. You have to sit further back in corners and what not to get the bike to rail on par with the session. This is due to the rear end get longer through the travel but this is where it leaves the session for dead. I found although the session felt bottomless and plush it didnt really have any pop in it, even with different shock setup's and springs. The zerode is deffiantly a lot smoother but has a nice pop to it so im not always stuck plowing shit. In a straight line the zerode is better than the session, through twisty shit id say they are on par now that i have got used to the bike. However the session pedalled alot better. I loose alot of power through the alfine hub. And if you like to drag the rear brake this bike will not suit you. Basically using the rear brake completely locks up the rear suspension where as the trek remained supple and plush.

To be honest i'd say they are on par preformance wise At the end of the day. It really depends on your riding style.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I has to adjust my style abit coming off the session. You have to sit further back in corners and what not to get the bike to rail on par with the session. This is due to the rear end get longer through the travel but this is where it leaves the session for dead. I found although the session felt bottomless and plush it didnt really have any pop in it, even with different shock setup's and springs. The zerode is deffiantly a lot smoother but has a nice pop to it so im not always stuck plowing shit. In a straight line the zerode is better than the session, through twisty shit id say they are on par now that i have got used to the bike. However the session pedalled alot better. I loose alot of power through the alfine hub. And if you like to drag the rear brake this bike will not suit you. Basically using the rear brake completely locks up the rear suspension where as the trek remained supple and plush.

To be honest i'd say they are on par preformance wise At the end of the day. It really depends on your riding style.
The Alfine will get more efficient as it beds in. Not sure if you've tried more low speed comp, and/or less rebound, to make it bob less, and squat less when braking. It shouldn't feel like it's full locked out. The Sessions Split pivot(floating brake pretty much), makes it a lot more active when braking. I found when comparing a bike with and without a floating brake fitted that with floater, the rear wheel doesn't feel as accurate, and you can't feel rear traction as well. Maybe different with the Session.

Last edited:

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally got the bike dialled and put in a failry good ride at the recent WA state round. For anyone lookin to buy one they really are that fast. Through the ruff its just amazing.

Hunting in top 20