Zerode Katipo

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just as my Intend shock is about to arrive too..
The worst bike related feeling in the world.

Hopefully they look after you, Canyon have replaced my sons alu frame twice for a crack in the same spot.

Shock related stress, surely a carbon manufacturing defect.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Did you go through Zerode tehmselves, or the WA dealer? Either way, good service from them!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Any other reports of this happening on other frames in that spot? Fingers crossed not and this is a one off.

Great warranty response!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Good outcome @fastrider gus .

I've had nothing but excellent customer support from them along the way as well. Highly recommended!

@kten, I keep a pretty close eye on the Zerode stuff, for obvious reasons, and this is the first cracked frame I've seen, either Katipo or Taniwha.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Good outcome @fastrider gus .

I've had nothing but excellent customer support from them along the way as well. Highly recommended!
good outcome!, zerode has great customer support

@kten, I keep a pretty close eye on the Zerode stuff, for obvious reasons, and this is the first cracked frame I've seen, either Katipo or Taniwha.
not close enough! a few guys over here had cracks in the same spot, mine cracked above the gearbox
again zerode with great customer support

ps i also had a 9speed gbox fail on me too!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
not close enough! a few guys over here had cracks in the same spot, mine cracked above the gearbox
again zerode with great customer support
Yeah, clearly not!

When I saw the crack above I checked mine and still smooth there. I'm have to have a good look above the gearbox as well.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Yeah, clearly not!

When I saw the crack above I checked mine and still smooth there. I'm have to have a good look above the gearbox as well.
just below the bottle cage ...i still think it was paint, but Paul from zerode WA and zerode did a warranty job for me,
best part... no front triangles avail in my colour... so i scored a NEW FULL frame in pantone :)

Attachments

fastrider gus

super huck
Just as my Intend shock is about to arrive too..
Well... I did choose the 8 day express delivery option so I assumed it would be nearby..
Took over 2 weeks to even move from the postage center, has now spent another 2 weeks supposedly bouncing between London and Frankfurt being "prepared for air transport and loaded into a container" every other day..
Intend is one of the nicest products you can bolt onto a bike, but holy crap the German postage system is worse than Melbourne's..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Well... I did choose the 8 day express delivery option so I assumed it would be nearby..
Took over 2 weeks to even move from the postage center, has now spent another 2 weeks supposedly bouncing between London and Frankfurt being "prepared for air transport and loaded into a container" every other day..
Intend is one of the nicest products you can bolt onto a bike, but holy crap the German postage system is worse than Melbourne's..
Soooo.... Did the shock ever arrive @fastrider gus?

fastrider gus

super huck
Soooo.... Did the shock ever arrive @fastrider gus?
It did! I still haven't got a bike for it though.. its been a bit of a head f#*k.
I ordered a Starling Murmur to replace the zerode and the Beady eye in one bike and I was going to run all the intend/enve stuff on that but the frame never arrived. Took me ages to get a refund, that dude has his head so far up the other end it makes it quite hard to deal with him..
Ill most likely chuck this stuff on the E-bike, I doubt I'll end up with another enduro/trail rig.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It did! I still haven't got a bike for it though.. its been a bit of a head f#*k.
I ordered a Starling Murmur to replace the zerode and the Beady eye in one bike and I was going to run all the intend/enve stuff on that but the frame never arrived. Took me ages to get a refund, that dude has his head so far up the other end it makes it quite hard to deal with him..
Ill most likely chuck this stuff on the E-bike, I doubt I'll end up with another enduro/trail rig.

Bugger. I don't know if I'd ever be brave enough top order one (the Intend shock), but am longing to read a real-world review.

What happened to the Katipo in the end? Warranty front triangle and sold or something?

fastrider gus

super huck
Bugger. I don't know if I'd ever be brave enough top order one (the Intend shock), but am longing to read a real-world review.

What happened to the Katipo in the end? Warranty front triangle and sold or something?
I've only heard good things about the shock, I'm not sure if it's going to be any better than the EXT but it looks cool

Yea the katipo got a new front end and I sold it on. Sorta regret it now, I'd be keen to run one in 140mm with a light weight build..

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Yea the katipo got a new front end and I sold it on. Sorta regret it now, I'd be keen to run one in 140mm with a light weight build..

whent i got my taniwha back after it got nicked i changed it to 140 all over ( was 160/140 ) thking it be good for WA , as my old trance was 140f/r it was ok... but then changed it back to 160f/r and its WAAAY better the difference was huge IMHO

shame you sold it :(