Zerode Taniwha

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
F496C2A2-FEAF-4DD6-A5AF-3B898D8478E2.jpeg
6F04888B-658F-48D0-8FFB-19F1FB5B987D.jpeg
Finally have my own Taniwha.
Not sure if it’s because I’ve barely ridden in two years while doing the parenting thing, but this thing is fricken awesome and stoked to be selling them. I now get why the customers rant on about how happy they are. Just need to get some fitness back.
Rear end felt awesome. Was worried I’d made the wrong choice getting the Cane Creek shock over the Fox, but it rides so smooth. Let down by my budget second hand Pikes that really felt aweful compared to the back, but will give them a lube and prayer. Thought I had some skills still, when I could flick the rear out in the air with ease, wasn’t till my mate who took it for a couple of hour ride mentioned he really noticed how light the rear felt(no cassette and mech) that the penny dropped. A bad craftsman should always blame his tools.
Frame - Zerode Taniwha 160mm travel
Rear shock - Cane Creek DB air.
Front shock/fork - RS Pike 160mm travel
Handlebars - Reverse Components
Stem - Drom 35mm
Headset - Cane Creek
Grips - ESI foamies
Saddle - Reverse Components
Seatpost - KS(Bike Yoke coming).
Front brake - Formula R1racing levers with The One calipers
Rear brake - as above.
Cranks - Pinion
Chainguide - Pinion bash plate and Tensioner.
Chain - KMC
Pedals - Fifty-Fifty
Front derailleur - bahaaha
Rear derailleur - he he he Gearbox by Pinion. 9speed.
Front shifter - zip
Rear shifter - Pinion
Cassette - Pinion sprocket.
Front hub - Tune
Rear hub - Industry 9
Front rim - Carbonal Carbon 35mm
Rear rim - as above
Spokes - Sapim I think.
Nipples - mix of ally and ti ones I had.
Tyres - crap slippery sucker shwalble whatever rear and Maxxis Ardent race front, will slap a Minion on front and keep burning through my stash of used rears collected from customers in bike shop wanting new tyres cause they got a puncture. Freegan life.
Tubes - less
Total weight - guessing 14ish. Will get it on scales one day. Feels light but.

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Damn fine looking bike that!
Glad to hear some proper tyres for it and a black stanchioned dropper are in the immediate future, because that is going to take to the next level.

Will you be selling in the Taniwha trail when they become available? (Is it just a linkage change?)
Is that the stock gearbox? I thought they came with a P1.12.
Yes Crankin will sell the 140mm one too. It’s linkage a shorter metric shock.
It looked much better clean, lol. Has a few little touches of an o red and gold that are lost in dust now. I’ll post more pics when I wash it.
Will only get new front tyre ever, I’m too tight to put new tyres on rear and I like to rear wheel steer.

Reactions: Zaf

No Skid Marks

Looks great! I know kids and all but it’s almost a crime you went so long without a personal rig.

I have a shirt that has “ride fast, skid long” on it, it’d suit this bike to a tee
More painful owning a nice bike you can’t ride, ha ha. I have a nice Canfield 29er, but rarely got it out. Main riding has been school runs towing one grommy and one on the front.
Cool shirt.

safreek

Very nice looking bike, I normally don't comment much on modern bikes but it looks nice, uncommon and gearbox, cool factor x3.
Wish I had a gearbox bike.
Hopes I didn't give a good comment on a 29r but if it is, burn me at the stake, its sweet ( please tell me it's a 27.5)

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very cool bike! You still selling Canfield stuff in aus? The Bros have been pretty quite lately but there's been some stirring about new stuff. Miss my Riot and would be happy to jump back in if they bring out a sequel

No Skid Marks

Very cool bike! You still selling Canfield stuff in aus? The Bros have been pretty quite lately but there's been some stirring about new stuff. Miss my Riot and would be happy to jump back in if they bring out a sequel
Yeah, Crankin still does Canfield.
Yeah I dig my Riot(and Nimble 9).

dh1

Likes Dirt
Looking good! I am keen to get a gearbox bike and hearing they will be releasing 140mm travel version has me excited!
Enjoy the ride and I am keen to read continued reviews...

No Skid Marks

Looking good! I am keen to get a gearbox bike and hearing they will be releasing 140mm travel version has me excited!
Enjoy the ride and I am keen to read continued reviews...
Older fella wearing RM Williams boots test road it today at Stromlo for three runs.
“Rod, A update. Haven't been on that run for 12 months or more but managed personal records or top 3 times on 17 out of the 20 segments. An impressive bike. . Thanks again. Cheers”. He’s ordered one.
Another fella that rode it before him “best bike I’ve ever ridden, soon as I’m cashed up....”.

If you’re in Canberra shoot me a message and you can take it for a spin if genuinely interested.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From the very first spy shots I lusted after one of these! I just can't justify the $ :(

Sick bike mate!

discofrank

Likes Dirt
WOOHOOO

I got my zerode from rod, about time you got one
i am with you on the pikes not doing the job,

why you go the 9 speed though and not a 12?