Ztto tubeless tape

PJO

in me vL comy
Anyone else bought the ztto tubeless tape. I added some to an Aliex order and used it today after building a new wheel.
Not sure if I'm going to leave it on, it doesn't seem very stick and not very stretchy so doesn't want to stick down in the rim well.

It is thicker than the blue Bear exterior masking tape, but I have never had any issues with that and recently found some in a 36mm width so I think that might be going on instead...

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought this one on eBay and it was horrific compared to the Bear tape. Looks exactly like the Ztto one, except green.

Reactions: PJO

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
This cloth backed book binding tape works well.

Cloth Book Tape

It sticks like the proverbial, and tears by hand in both directions. So depending on rim width, you could get 75 meters out of one roll.

I'm using it right now, no problems so far.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Anyone else bought the ztto tubeless tape. I added some to an Aliex order and used it today after building a new wheel.
Not sure if I'm going to leave it on, it doesn't seem very stick and not very stretchy so doesn't want to stick down in the rim well.
View attachment 367555

It is thicker than the blue Bear exterior masking tape, but I have never had any issues with that and recently found some in a 36mm width so I think that might be going on instead...
looks like the stans tape, or the DT Swiss tape i used on the roadie. not very sticky and no stretch in it - but give it enough overlap and ensure everything is clean and it works.

ausdb

Being who he is
looks like the stans tape, or the DT Swiss tape i used on the roadie. not very sticky and no stretch in it - but give it enough overlap and ensure everything is clean and it works.
This sounds like PET Plastic tape, it's pretty tough doesn't stretch much and doesn't stick super well to other surfaces but does to itself. I might have to try some but most rolls I've had of it over the years have been about 50mm wide. It's used a lot in packaging air conditioners.

Reactions: PJO

PJO

in me vL comy
My only real concern is the lack of stickiness. I put a tube in overnight and removed it this morning but the center well has lifted again. It does seem pretty tough so maybe I'll give it a run and see if it holds...

PJO

in me vL comy
This cloth backed book binding tape works well.

Cloth Book Tape

It sticks like the proverbial, and tears by hand in both directions. So depending on rim width, you could get 75 meters out of one roll.

I'm using it right now, no problems so far.
Looks a bit like Gorilla tape with finer strands of cloth.
Minimum quantity is 30 rolls from that store, don't think I need that much!

moorey

call me Mia
My only real concern is the lack of stickiness. I put a tube in overnight and removed it this morning but the center well has lifted again. It does seem pretty tough so maybe I'll give it a run and see if it holds...
Just say no to shit rim tape. And that includes many expensive name brands.

PJO

in me vL comy
I used Gorilla cloth tape once. Never again. Sure it did the job well, but removing the sticky goop after removing it was more effort than I care to exert when there’s easier options
Never used the Gorilla cloth tape, always used the 25mm wide blue outdoor masking tape and wrapped twice (three overlaps on the valve hole).
Never had an issue with the outdoor masking tape and I only bought the Ztto stuff because it was the right width for the rim (35mm) I knew I was going to build.
Have since found a 36mm blue outdoor masking tape so can chuck that on, but I'm willing to try the Ztto to see if it will hold, since I've got it now and have no other use for it.

Yes. It’s licenced though. DM to negotiate.
Nah, it's all yours go and make a million!

moorey

call me Mia
Never used the Gorilla cloth tape, always used the 25mm wide blue outdoor masking tape and wrapped twice (three overlaps on the valve hole).
Never had an issue with the outdoor masking tape and I only bought the Ztto stuff because it was the right width for the rim (35mm) I knew I was going to build.
Have since found a 36mm blue outdoor masking tape so can chuck that on, but I'm willing to try the Ztto to see if it will hold, since I've got it now and have no other use for it.

Nah, it's all yours go and make a million!
Love the Bear outdoor masking tape. Bunnings no longer stock cheap. Got a few spare rolls. Mainly using another brand that is less plasticy now, and stick a bit better to matt finish Hope rims. Comes 35mm. Have trimmed roll down to 30.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I used Gorilla cloth tape once. Never again. Sure it did the job well, but removing the sticky goop after removing it was more effort than I care to exert when there’s easier options
I've received a few rims with this sort of tape, similar experience. I've also found that the tape will wander a bit over time and the glue will mix with the sealant stick to the tyre bead.

Bear outdoor masking tape for me. I think it's a little on the thin side so I double wrap it but it's still about 1/50th the cost of stans tape even double wrapped

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I've received a few rims with this sort of tape, similar experience. I've also found that the tape will wander a bit over time and the glue will mix with the sealant stick to the tyre bead.

Bear outdoor masking tape for me. I think it's a little on the thin side so I double wrap it but it's still about 1/50th the cost of stans tape even double wrapped

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
always had much better seals with gorilla compared to bear - had a few bear tapes dbl just won’t pump up/seal, switched to gorilla it’s fine? maybe i’m taping it anticlockwise instead of clockwise

moorey

call me Mia
always had much better seals with gorilla compared to bear - had a few bear tapes dbl just won’t pump up/seal, switched to gorilla it’s fine? maybe i’m taping it anticlockwise instead of clockwise
User error as always with you, mate.