Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P1

Default P1

Can you use P1"s for downhill please reply

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight with this guy ajay's Avatar

if you want. It isnt a dh bike though :? pretty tough bike shouldnt brake on your first go but if you want to ride dh then get a dually. Unless of course you only want to ride hardtails...

Geometry might be weird :?

you can use any bike for downhill, its just if the bike is good or not
    116 succesful trades on farkin forums... and counting

Annoys the hell out of Grip! LTR's Avatar

the forks steerer tube will definately bend if you ride it on DH. Just ask _J_.

Why do you need a p1 for downhill if you've got a stinky :?:
    Succeseful trades with: Foes_Racing, Dugie, Grover, Cranbox
    "If it's risky, do it. If it's dangerous, do it twice. If it hurts, do it backwards. If you fall, do it again."
    "Sleep now in the fire"

All i have to say is...Hardtail for DH, definitely not designed for it. Use a dualy!

Quote Originally Posted by LTR
    the forks steerer tube will definately bend if you ride it on DH. Just ask _J_.
    HAHAHAHA sooo true man!!! I bent the crown as well and steerer dirt jumping, so I invested in some b-e-a-uuuutiful 2004 Z.1 Drop Off II's...
    Definately wont bent..!!!

MZ peice of crap forks, who needs em? 8) 8) 8)
    crankflipproductions.net.tf <the new j co. films
    melbourneboost.net.tf< love ya cars?

Quote Originally Posted by mugen833
    All i have to say is...Hardtail for DH, definitely not designed for it. Use a dualy!
    You can use a hardtail for DH.. Some are set up for it, it's just a little bumpier. Quite a few DH events have a hardtail specific class.

is no hardtail designed for dh??!?!??!?!?!?

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffft!

Quote Originally Posted by dugfast
    is no hardtail designed for dh??!?!??!?!?!?

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffft!
    There are some narrow minded riders out there, I ride a DH duallie, but have previously raced on a well spec'd P3 and loved it. Every state and national round has a HT class (with a few notable exceptions where they were left off the list). There is a hugely loyal HT following that is very proud to be Ht'ing and kicking the ass of most duallie riders. If in Vic, just watch Big Nick Wright, Pac Diesel (less so of late), Ash Parry, and Johnny Dawe, (and who could forget Ben Reynolds stint on a HT).They are not riding HT's for any reason other than the love of competing on a more challenging rig (Nick has a dually as well). Compare top HT times with expert class times. Sure they aren't competative at Elite usually, the HT's do handicap you slightly
    Johnny Dawe recently won a national FR comp on his HT, much to the horror of top oz DH'ers on big duallies. He is Banshee sponsored, but choses to stay HT.
    As for bikes, a notable mention goes to Banshee Morphine, a seriously burly bike that was built with long travel DC forks in mind. There are many more like them.
    I have seen no more good HT's break down over the years than Duallies. The riders work far harder to pick lines and keep a smooth run, and pound their bikes less than duallies.
    Sorry to all the fast HT'ers I didn't mention, major respect for what you do, keep it low and fast (even if you do get treated like shit by some snobby DH'ers and shuttle drivers at races)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast