Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BALFA In Trouble ?

Default BALFA In Trouble ?

Rumours going around that Balfa might be in trouble.

Anyone heard anything ?
    * See Scott's Signature !!!! *

Cyclone Imports

checking with procycle general manager, where did this source come from dom?
    i ride

Hopefully it's not true and balfa is going to keep producing.

Ive always loved balfa bikes.

See you can get some more info ..
    * See Scott's Signature !!!! *

For what its worth i heard......

Pro cycle bought balfa, is shutting down the balfa factory and moving production to the pro cycle factory. No one is sure if pro cycle will continue to produce bikes under the balfa name or rebadge it as a rocky mountain or if they just did it to shut it down and sell mre rocky mountains.

or as someone pointed out making PIECES OF SHIT and badging them "balfa" so people will think hey it must be good lets buy it

no, theres still been made in the balfa factory for this year but next its gone, i think we should all wait for john to fill us in on this. balfa is still going, as allways gonna be making so of the sweetest bikes, mines here in a few weeks :D .

edit: this is from the other post

Quote Originally Posted by bb7 rider
    ok guys balfa and rm have been owned by the same ppl (procycle) for two years now, it is true they are shutting down the montreal office but not untill the end of 04, As it stands now both rocky and balfa will be made in the same place for the future( you can allready see that the 04 design of the 2step range is borrowed heavily from rock rm rad tubing front triangle) and will be pretty much just consolidating the businesses.

As for miles he will still be supported overseas but most probabbly based in vancouver, it is still early times sorting this out.

However it is sad that these big business types have come in and crushed the roots and founding of where balfa came from with there new and origanal designs, The 3 founders where fired late last yr and there are only 2 originals left from a team of around 15. I have grown very close to them when in canada and they have families to support and are now left without jobs.

Balfa will still be around and most probablly expanding however its sad to see the founders of the company be thrown out.
    Gone to a better place.

if anything rm should just use them as there DH bike and keep the rm's as there 'freeride' shitters. but yeah keep the bb7 going. or i am going to be sad. and we cant have people getting sad. . thats so shit though. but i still like my idea. IF there is no other option.