Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 835 of 835 FirstFirst ... 335735785825833834835
Results 8,341 to 8,347 of 8347

Thread: The stupid questions thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pink poodle View Post
    I wish! I have fished with that guy before. He is a loose unit and you spend the whole night worried for your safety and pissing yourself laughing all at the same time. He gets some big fish though! If you're looking to fill in time he loves a chat. Ask him to show you a pic of his big eel...

Also note you're in a wasteland down there if you need coffee. The bar downstairs is not too bad for whiskey or cognac though.

That guys is not to be fucked with.
    I've learnt to keep a fishing knife clipped to your pants covered by a long loose shirt so that it can't be seen, I've met some very strange people fishing at night.
    "To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." ~Aristotle.

Clinically Inane

I mostly fish for jew which means strange hours of operation, isolated and unusual locations, and full moon...you'll get plenty of weird cunts with those factors all combined. For example; I met one bloke who had built a house under the wharf I was fishing from out of pallets.

I mostly fish for jew which means strange hours of operation, isolated and unusual locations, and full moon...you'll get plenty of weird cunts with those factors all combined. For example; I met one bloke who had built a house under the wharf I was fishing from out of pallets.
    Hahah! Sounds like the sorts you come across on the Gold Coast.

Years ago I was fishing on a fairly isolated beach in north Queensland from my 4wheel drive and out of the dark on foot turns up this raggedy looking young bloke with dreadlocks. I think he was watching me from the bushes pull in a few fish but anyway he asks if he can roll a smoke inside my 4wheel drive because it's too windy, I said "why not" but I was on edge and I already had quite a good night hauling in some fish. The fish had stopped biting by now and he convinces me to drive him down the beach and try another spot, so I packed my gear up feeling a bit nervous at the same time.

We get down to this other spot, start fishing and we both pull in some fish until he gets a few tangles in his reel and asks me for a knife to cut the line. Fuck, I had remembered that I clipped it into the rear tray of my vehicle on the side where he got into to roll his smokes and went around to grab it but it was gone. I checked the tackle box in case I had miss placed it, then thought it must have fallen off when I moved the 4wheel up the beach. I had a set of pliers that he cut his line with and continues to fish.

It's getting on in the night towards morning and I'm very tired, decide to start packing up and once more this bloke asks to roll a few smokes in the car before I leave. I put a few things away, he finishes rolling his smokes gets out of the car and I walk around the left hand side of the car and my knife has turned up again just where I had left it.

From that day on I keep the knife on me at all times.
    Last edited by Flow-Rider; Yesterday at 01:55 PM.
    "To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." ~Aristotle.

I had a chat with him while waiting for colleagues to come down for breakfast. He was ok, loose though is a good description. He picked up a BIG jewie the previous day. His phone had lots of interesting pics.

Been some years since I was in that area. A couple of changes... the Crowne plaza has the longest corridor I think I have ever seen.
    Itoko no roba wa ichirinshi ga dekimasen

I'm not much of a fisher person but the night I caught a largish trevally (not a GT) on a lure off the breakwall at South West Rocks in the middle of the night was something I wont forget, just awesome.

Now I live near the beach perhaps I'll give it a crack again.
    Last edited by steve jobs' pancreas; Yesterday at 12:34 PM.
    Don't you point your fooking tentacle at me !

Clinically Inane

Quote Originally Posted by Flow-Rider View Post
    Hahah! Sounds like the sorts you come across on the Gold Coast.

Years ago I was fishing on a fairly isolated beach in north Queensland from my 4wheel drive and out of the dark on foot turns up this raggedy looking young bloke with dreadlocks. I think he was watching me from the bushes pull in a few fish but anyway he asks if he can roll a smoke inside my 4wheel drive because it's too windy, I said "why not" but I was on edge and I already had quite a good night hauling in some fish. The fish had stopped biting by now and he convinces me to drive him down the beach and try another spot, so I packed my gear up feeling a bit nervous at the same time.

We get down to this other spot, start fishing and we both pull in some fish until he gets a few tangles in his reel and asks me for a knife to cut the line. Fuck, I had remembered that I clipped it into the rear tray of my vehicle on the side where he got into to roll his smokes and went around to grab it but it was gone. I checked the tackle box in case I had miss placed it, then thought it must have fallen off when I moved the 4wheel up the beach. I had a set of pliers that he cut his line with and continues to fish.

It's getting on in the night towards morning and I'm very tired, decide to start packing up and once more this bloke asks to roll a few smokes in the car before I leave. I put a few things away, he finishes rolling his smokes gets out of the car and I walk around the left hand side of the car and my knife has turned up again just where I had left it.

From that day on I keep the knife on me at all times.
    That's some freaky shit. I like to hold my gaff in those situations. Sometimes I'll even sharpen it a little...fortunately they don't arise too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Dales Cannon View Post
    I had a chat with him while waiting for colleagues to come down for breakfast. He was ok, loose though is a good description. He picked up a BIG jewie the previous day. His phone had lots of interesting pics.

Been some years since I was in that area. A couple of changes... the Crowne plaza has the longest corridor I think I have ever seen.
    He often has 6 or so rods spread out with live baits. I love to crank past with you free wheel burning! It's.an easy way to figure out how much gas he has punched...when he is really amped up he will nearly unscrew his head trying to identify which reel is clicking over!

Quote Originally Posted by steve jobs' pancreas View Post
    I'm not much of a fisher person but the night I caught a largish trevally (not a GT) on a lure off the breakwall at South West Rocks in the middle of the night was something I wont forget, just awesome.

Now I live near the beach perhaps I'll give it a crack again.
    Some good rock fishing down your way. If you can swim well.

He often has 6 or so rods spread out with live baits. I love to crank past with you free wheel burning! It's.an easy way to figure out how much gas he has punched...when he is really amped up he will nearly unscrew his head trying to identify which reel is clicking over!
    Just four yesterday.

You are an evil dog.
    Itoko no roba wa ichirinshi ga dekimasen

Page 835 of 835 FirstFirst ... 335735785825833834835