Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Online retailers trusted/scammers

Koo Bikes or One Red Dot on eBay. All comes invoiced from Koo plus you get a 5 quid dis out for you next purchase with each full price transaction. Fast post via HMRM, never had to wait longer than 5 working. Get all my service consumables there, fork seals, cables, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitler View Post
    chops makes me as angry as looking at my Crank Bros dropper post does
    Quote Originally Posted by no one ever View Post
    Australia Post is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    Koo Bikes or One Red Dot on eBay. All comes invoiced from Koo plus you get a 5 quid dis out for you next purchase with each full price transaction. Fast post via HMRM, never had to wait longer than 5 working. Get all my service consumables there, fork seals, cables, etc.
    Knuckles can you please post the link here.
    That way we can be sure the submission youre are suggesting is linked to the right site.

I know its a simple google search for most but there are those few that bring up a few results, also as I don't moderate the submissions I get the user to submit the exact link.
    My grandfather has the heart of a lion and a lifetime ban from the zoo

Quote Originally Posted by driftking View Post
    Knuckles can you please post the link here.
    That way we can be sure the submission youre are suggesting is linked to the right site.

I know its a simple google search for most but there are those few that bring up a few results, also as I don't moderate the submissions I get the user to submit the exact link.
    No dramas drift. I'll do it once I get on a computer, can't deal with posting links via phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitler View Post
    chops makes me as angry as looking at my Crank Bros dropper post does
    Quote Originally Posted by no one ever View Post
    Australia Post is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kildare View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned univesalcycles.com. Recently ordered a few parts and they arrived USPS in 10 days. Shipping can be a little exie but at least they have a shipping calculator so you know what to expect.
    Also they have a 10% and 15% coupon email they send out every month.
    Anybody else use them?
    Dr.K
    I'd bought from Universal Cycles a few times over the years, including what turned out to be a more expensive than I wanted Park Tools stand. To their credit they did tell me about the postage after I placed the order but before it shipped. Shipping prices tend to hurt these days, but they stock a few service kits that the UK ones don't. I've not bought from them in a couple of years though.

I've also bought a few things from Phantom Cycles previously too. Never had a drama, was great when I wanted it fast (though the last couple of times the courier they use was slower than I'd wanted, but nothing at all to complain about from the bike shop side of things) and the owner was always helpful. Pity their online presence hasn't been noted in recent months.

stink noodle

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Nurk View Post
    I'd bought from Universal Cycles a few times over the years, including what turned out to be a more expensive than I wanted Park Tools stand. To their credit they did tell me about the postage after I placed the order but before it shipped. Shipping prices tend to hurt these days, but they stock a few service kits that the UK ones don't. I've not bought from them in a couple of years though.

I've also bought a few things from Phantom Cycles previously too. Never had a drama, was great when I wanted it fast (though the last couple of times the courier they use was slower than I'd wanted, but nothing at all to complain about from the bike shop side of things) and the owner was always helpful. Pity their online presence hasn't been noted in recent months.
    Phantom cycles and Kerry were awesome. Web retail pioneers and all that...I exchanged some emails with him at Christmas time and he said he has given up the web stuff due to all the competition and what it takes to keep up etc. Focussing on his locals is going really well.

Not sure if these guys were listed so included link as well. I got a full XT groupset from them for about half the price I could get one for in Aus at the time. Ordered on a Friday night at 10pm they landed Wednesday 8am on my door. Had a tracking number ANC comprehensive tracking (well until it hit Aus)

http://www.probikeshop.com
    How can you DEFINE your limit if you don't FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by pink poodle View Post
    Phantom cycles and Kerry were awesome. Web retail pioneers and all that...I exchanged some emails with him at Christmas time and he said he has given up the web stuff due to all the competition and what it takes to keep up etc. Focussing on his locals is going really well.
    Understandable, and good to hear that the business is still running.

I used to buy from a smaller US store years ago (3 Ring Cycles), got decent prices and support from them, including a set of Rebas, but I suspect that they made the same decision as they've not had an online cart system for some time either.

Don't want to start a new thread and it kinda fits here.

Does anyone know what freight company Pushys use? I ordered something and the tracking link just gives me a blank pop up with no info. I have a tracking number. The order isn't late just wondering.

Kkthx
    How can you DEFINE your limit if you don't FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Minlak View Post
    Does anyone know what freight company Pushys use?
    did you contact... wait for it................................................ .................................................. ................................ Pushys?

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast