Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 349 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions from the fuck wits

Default Confessions from the fuck wits

I've been on the hunt for the right set of SH hubs to replace the king earles on my bottlerocket. Rear was slipping when I bought it, pulled it apart, it's beyond repair. Had been using a spare set, but was keen to build up original rims with replacement hubs*

*you may have seen my wanted ads and sig, seeking 36 spoke hubs/shagged wheels with good hubs.

Anyhoooo, got some nice red hope pro 2 evos yesterday (thanks, rainbowofdeth, new front bearings and they'll be like bought ones). Had a few hours spare this arvo while kids played, so I made a start on the wheel unbuild/rebuild. Dismantled old wheel...Started relacing the hopes onto the rims.....

.....I swear that I counted the spokes when I first got the bike...I guess I don't count good.

So... Now I have no money for new 36 spoke rims, and a set of sweet 36 hole hubs....

Ive made a few bike fuck ups in my time, but this has to be the most embarrassment and cringeworthy.

Eat a dick, me.
    Last edited by moorey; 02-03-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

Eat a big bag of them. Extra juicy ones. I'd go on, but I may possibly have a fuckwit's confession of my own..

Had a few items from crc lying around that I pulled together to send back for refund - goggle lenses (ordered wrong shape), shorts (ordered wrong size), front derailleur(got it so wrong it may aswell have been snowboard bindings).. Total spend $89 inc. postage. Cost of returning $41. So I'll end up with $48 for returning $79 worth of stuff. Really impressed myself.
    *Edit* Oh, and I also went down to the LBS and paid $70 odd for the correct front derailleur in the meantime.. (incase you weren't already convinced that I am, indeed, a fuckwit).
    I won't beat you to the punch, i'll punch you to the beat - Hilltop Hoods

A demonstration of humility. Are you dying?
    :P
    Last edited by wilddemon; 02-03-2013 at 08:27 PM.

You sound like a guy who wants to buy a set of 36 hole hubs and 32 hole rims... Pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by wilddemon View Post
    A demonstration of humility. Are you dying?
    Probably, aside from that, while being a jackass, I'm never shy about letting others have a good laugh at my expense.
    Oh, and admit something, or GIT!! GIT!!!

That's alright.
    Once I walked straight through the fly screen on our sliding door and ripped the whole bloody thing off the door in the process (imagine the king of all spider web faces whilst tripping over).
    I spent over an hour putting the bastard back in. Slowly kneading the bead back into the groove in the frame inch by inch with a plastic spoon.

When I was finished, I went and chucked the spoon in the bin straight away, turned around and walked straight back through it again. Ripping the whole thing down in the process.

Utter fuckwittery.
    Last edited by harmonix1234; 03-03-2013 at 08:38 AM.
    Successful Trades with: a_hargy, SuperSix, Timbers, Gripper, 99Coconuts, Mr_hANky, kym machin, steve24, Cedel, bennylachlan, quiggs, tasty.dirt74, james1, rone, Trickymac, MrCove, T-Rex, Wiffle, OH64, rtd, tangcla, WILLY, Com'N'Cal, Bretto172, HLC, Richo 18, Norco Maniac, iconic, Delmar, AngoXC, Minlak, PJS, tasdisco, jacob123, quannum, PJO, strydes, Rhys_, mjs181, wittman13, Gripper, kbekus, PLUGGA, Ozkaban, Dozer, red_d0g, muvro

Ok you fuckwit.
    I busted a chain, probably a couple of times, on my road steed. Let's put those first couple of breaks down to awesome power (or poor gear selection). The last one, that has seen me off the bike for about 2 months, right before the cappy and the mont, rooting my training, was because I was a fuckwit and reused chain pins. What a tightwad fuckwit! *hangs head in shame*
    Edit: I could well be a major contributor to this thread, behind moorey of course
    Last edited by wilddemon; 02-03-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Here I was thinking I was the only one to do something like that. Smashed a rim about 18 months ago, found some flows on sale, thought I'll have one of those. Took the fucked wheel and new rim to lbs to have them rebuild it, got a phone call an hour or so later to tell me it ain't gonna happen. Seems I'm also a fuck wit who can't count, still have the brand new rim sitting in the shed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

We already know you are a f'wit. Not sure why you feel the need to remind us?

found some fundamental rims on sale in a rush of excitment brought them, built them and then went to put tyres on and oh........24" rim

also my recent debarcles with setting up saint gear, funny how a 2nd new cable and casing and a 1pc casing rather than 3pcs make all the problems magically go away somehow!

Page 1 of 349 1231151101 ... LastLast