Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Fusion Metric HLR Fork (160mm to 180mm, 36mm stanchions)

Default X-Fusion Metric HLR Fork (160mm to 180mm, 36mm stanchions)

Anyone sporting a set of these yet? Having run some Slants for a few months I think it'll be a good move over some Fox 36's. I'd welcome any feedback :)

Review here.

s780_X_Fusion_Metric_HLR_Fork.jpg
    full_DTrumpore_XFusion_Vital_13_640291.jpg

I haven't run metrics but I'd be glad to hear your thoughts on the Slants.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksp20 View Post
    I haven't run metrics but I'd be glad to hear your thoughts on the Slants.
    Light, stiff, adjustable (air plus rebound), cheap. Not as plushy as my previous Fox 36 Van (coils) but definitely not sticky like you'd assume when comparing air to coil. It only takes some hand force to get them started through their travel especially if running lower PSI. Not like my girlfriend's cheap arse RST air forks. HEAVY, STICKY, would almost be better to run a rigid fork with flat tyres.

Lockout handy for up hills, rebound has around 30 clicks of adjustability (and works more precise than the 36's). When in lockout you can feel them flex under load (I've forgotten to take it out of lockout a few times and bombed the start of a run). Takes 203mm discs with no adapter (might be an issue if you want smaller discs)?

15mm Axle end is annoying but you can unscrew the lever end cap off so it doesn't look like a bat-wing when you're riding.

34mm stanchions, 160mm travel, easy to service, videos online, diymtb are a good supplier (when they answer their emails). Did I say they're cheap?

Only reason I want to go with Metric's is more travel. Basically I'm hoping for the exact same thing + 20mm more travel (and a refreshed front end look, going from white forks to gun metal or black). I'll most likely miss the weight saving and lockout though.

Last edited by Ideate; 28-04-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Sounds sweet.

Send me a PM when you're selling the Slants.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksp20 View Post
    Sounds sweet.

Send me a PM when you're selling the Slants.
    I hate sending things of high value (more than $5). If you were in Melbourne I'd let you come get them now for $350.

Registered Post I live in a remote spot, if we didn't use the post and sometimes couriers we would miss out on a lot of things ! nearly ten years and have never had anything go missing..
    New to 29ers - shoulda got a new bike years ago !

Quote Originally Posted by Ideate View Post
    I hate sending things of high value (more than $5). If you were in Melbourne I'd let you come get them now for $350.
    Australia post has insurance for about $5-$10 extra on postage. I'm sure that blacksp20 will pay it. Come on now.
    Quote Originally Posted by safreek View Post
    but then he went strange and got a scooter.
    Alles hat ein Ende nur die Wurst hat zwei

Sorry lads it not only value, it's time (although value is a big factor). I have no idea where everyone on here gets the time during business hours to get to the post office... and I'm a teacher! I don't even have time to pickup shit that I miss. My last adventure to the local post office was like an episode of the fast and furious/Indiana jones.

Another recent story; I bought some forks off a fellow rotorburner in February this year for $700. The forks mysteriously dissapeared and now he's paying me $25 a week because he blew the money (a few months later). Granted, it was his fault for not insuring and sending properly but it's just a whole lot of shit you can avoid by simply selling local. I also admire him for not breaking contact and making it difficult for me to reclaim my fork money. There's some good honest people on here (some).

Anyway preference is for a local sale but if blacky really really REALLy wants them.. Then I'll find time to send (and insure) them.

Fwiw. If someone doesn't ask for registered, and it goes missing in the post...I ain't responsible and a ain't paying the money back. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

You don't have to get to a post office. You can have a courier come pick them up from you in person, or have them picked up from your house or another address even if there's no one there... It really isn't very hard. Just sayin..
    I won't beat you to the punch, i'll punch you to the beat - Hilltop Hoods

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast