Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIVE TEN shoe sizing question

Default FIVE TEN shoe sizing question

Hey guys,
    Looking to get a pair of Five Ten's Hellcats at the moment and just curious as to the sizing on them. I'm usually a good fit on a Shimano 46E, currently borrowing a pair of a friend's AM45's in a 46 and they're just slightly too snug, but I hear Shimano come up small in general.
    I did have a 46 in a 661 filter and they feel massive on my feet.

Is it better to go a size down with Five Ten and hope they're true to size? Or are they a comfortable fit vs other sizes.

Also, no retailers here stock Five Ten, so I can't try locally the fit I'm afraid.

I wore a 44 shimano and now wear a 43 five ten. Have found some of the sizing with shimano has had to do with their lack of width for me.

Yeah, it's a lack of width for me also. Wondering if I order a 46 Five Ten they'll be too big, wouldn't want that.

Most of the info I could find was that order one size up in Shimano and just your normal size in 5-10

Hey Mate, I bought a pair of Hellcats a few months ago. I am usually a size US12/EU46 in normal shoes, so I bought the Hellcats in the same size and they are a good fit. If anything, for me personally, they are ever so slightly on the bigger side, which I much prefer to them being on the smaller side.

I own a few pairs of Five Tens and I've found their sizing to be pretty true to the standard.
    I always buy 45 and never had a problem with fit from Five Ten. Shimano on the other hand... too damn narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by FatMuz View Post
    I own a few pairs of Five Tens and I've found their sizing to be pretty true to the standard.
    I always buy 45 and never had a problem with fit from Five Ten. Shimano on the other hand... too damn narrow.
    Can I ask what your feet measure?
    I've got 28cm long paddles with them being about 11cm at the meat of the foot.

Clinically Inane

I have size 10US line kings and wear the same in the other brand shoes I own. They fit just fine for width on my wide (for length) foot. Foot is about 27cm long and 11cm wide (figured you were asking for measurements...).

Edit - did realize I may have bitched about them being a little narrow when I first got them... Also I just picked up a pair of teva something or others and they were perfect right out of the box. I was generally underwhelmed by the line kings and won't be rushing back to 5-10.
    Last edited by pink poodle; 05-02-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Bought some freerider vxi last year and i am a 10 us should have got 10.5 and it's the length not width for the free rides. Don't know about the he'll cats though.
    Like a termite...... chocking on the splinters.

Apologies for the thread dig, but I need some help on Five Ten shoe sizing, and a search dug up this one.

The short of it is that I was in the market for a new pair of flat pedal shoes, and after drinking all the Koolaid and reading reviews, settled on a pair Five Ten Freerider Pros from mtbdirect. Yes I should have tried some on locally but the truth is there just isn't anyone who stocks that much to try on in my size, plus it was still cheaper to buy online and return them if they didn't fit.

I'm normally a UK12/US13 in regular shoes, and have a pair of Shimano M089's in an EU48 (narrow but they fit). I bought a pair of Freerider Pros in US13 / EU47 thinking they'd be alright, but they feel pretty snug. I then ordered another pair in US14 / EU48.5 on the basis that I'd send one pair back. So... the 13's are too small (tight across the wide part of the foot) and the 14's look and feel like clown shoes. Question for Five Ten - why don't you do half sizes between 13's and 14's, because I need a 13.5? That will never get answered, so here I am.

Do I:
    - Persevere with the smaller pair on the basis that people here can confirm that they will 'give' a bit as they wear in (or do they stay pretty firm and will strangle my feet)?
    - wear thick socks and walk around like a snorkeler in the 14's?
    - send both pairs back and look at other shoes - even a different type of Five Ten, if there are other models that are wider? Contacts, Sam Hills, Impacts?

I'm leaning toward the last option and trying to find some to try/buy locally too - hoping that some fellow 'burners can suggest some shoes have a bit of extra width?
    I wish my body was as old as my brain thinks it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast