Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Red Hill; Legal trails

Quote Originally Posted by Nautonier View Post
    What kind of utter knob-head goes to the trouble of smoothing out the natural features on trails kindly maintained and legalised by the hard work of others? Let's make all trails into footpaths so f$%ktard riders with no skills can feel like shredders... Reminds me of the champs who pride themselves getting Strava KOMs at Lysterfield riding down the fire roads beside the actual tracks.
    So that explains explains how the KOM for follow me is 1:29 seconds! That always baffled me how people could get down there that fast....
    There's no time for smiling and nodding when you're on a Strava run.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    So that explains explains how the KOM for follow me is 1:29 seconds! That always baffled me how people could get down there that fast....
    KOM for Follow Me is 1:19, which I think is Strava error as it's so much faster than the thousands of riders who have tried to smash that run. I managed a 1:31 once, but I had to pedal to the point of almost vomiting...

I was thinking of Aneurysm, where people love to ride fast down the fire road beside it and halve the time of riders like Troy Brosnan (yes, he is actually on that leaderboard).
    safreek: if I want an arse pounding I will go to the correct toilet block

KOM for Follow Me is 1:19, which I think is Strava error as it's so much faster than the thousands of riders who have tried to smash that run. I managed a 1:31 once, but I had to pedal to the point of almost vomiting...

I was thinking of Aneurysm, where people love to ride fast down the fire road beside it and have the time of riders like Troy Brosnan (yes, he is actually on that leaderboard).
    Holy shit well was done! I've tried going flat out there once but then had a gnarly stack (slid out of a berm) and dislocated my shoulder :( I can't believe Troy Brosnan has even been to Lysty that mad! I wish Strava had a process for banning people...
    There's no time for smiling and nodding when you're on a Strava run.

Quote Originally Posted by The Duckmeister View Post
    Parks Vic have decided to be a little bit "helpful" with some trail maintenance works on Slippery Gypsy this week (hopefully some of our crew will be allowed to hang over their shoulders to ensure they don't fuck it up....), which will see it closed for a few days mid-week.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAzza View Post
    Hope they don't fuck it. Love this little bit of trail.
    Apparently they've already done a bit... Word from out trail crew leader is that, and I quote, "it's not great". Which could simply mean ineffective.... They were talking about armouring, but if it's the bit I'm thinking of (I can really only think of one tiny bit that needs attention), all it really needs is a bit of reshaping & maybe a little bit of fill to aid drainage.
    Just ride the bloody thing and enjoy yourself!

I build wheels... :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by The Duckmeister View Post
    Apparently they've already done a bit... Word from out trail crew leader is that, and I quote, "it's not great". Which could simply mean ineffective.... They were talking about armouring, but if it's the bit I'm thinking of (I can really only think of one tiny bit that needs attention), all it really needs is a bit of reshaping & maybe a little bit of fill to aid drainage.
    It is open again and I rode it tonight. Not the worst, but I think the armouring just before the tree (you know the one) is going to cause me to wash out and crash there.
    That is my prediction for the year.

Anyone heading down tomorrow? I'm thinking of making a trip at midday.

Well here's a bit of news that will cheer up the anti-climbers....

Red Hill Riders have begun formal discussions with the Eagle chairlift regarding getting bikes on board! Apparently they've been getting a lot of pressure from the wider MTB community, not just us, realised that winter sucks for them (could have told them that months ago), and most importantly have a change of management, and the New Guy who starts in a couple of months is much more open to the idea.

It's very early days yet, and we need to do a lot of consultation and feasibility work with Eagle, so we don't have a timeline of exactly when it will happen, but stay tuned 'cos progress is being made.
    Just ride the bloody thing and enjoy yourself!

I build wheels... :wink:

Well there is some welcome news for an overcast Tuesday.

Did my first ride out there on Sunday, it was great. Crusher track tested my skills a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by hungrytiger View Post
    Did my first ride out there on Sunday, it was great. Crusher track tested my skills a bit!
    Which track is Crusher? It's not on the trail maps. Eaton's cutting?

Good news about the gondola, are there any plans to put more tracks over that side other than Charlottes? I heard a rumour a while ago about a trail going in directly under the gondola, which would be a great place to put one. Also plenty of potential to put more trails in around Charlottes.
    safreek: if I want an arse pounding I will go to the correct toilet block

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast