Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Default BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Hi,
    I have noticed around the traps particulary at races that there are some exceptional trailer designs round the place, the crew i currently ride with is growing and a 2nd trailer is going to be needed, so before i go cutting & welding one up id thought id check out what everyone else is using and what people think works the best

Cheers
    Last edited by johnny; 20-04-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Default Kram rack Mk2

here is a design I raped off ol Kram, I call it the "kram rack 2000". I did a few mods of my own, I have my tailgate down and the rack sits on the tailgate to give me more room in the back to dump everyones gear for when we do a coffs trip.... carries five bikes and aweekend worth of gear...works real good and have only lost a few of the yellow hose pieces due to careless shuttling...

on the whole it works a treat....although at some carparks people have thought it was a gun rest to shoot from !!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by binner; 03-11-2007 at 05:02 PM.
    I'm winded

But.....we do use it as a gun rack?

I reckon Binner's set up (thanks also to Kram) is bloody sensational. It is quick, simple and looks after your bike in transit. You should think seriously about something like that.

Default dance...I said DANCE !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    But.....we do use it as a gun rack?

I reckon Binner's set up (thanks also to Kram) is bloody sensational. It is quick, simple and looks after your bike in transit. You should think seriously about something like that.
    SHHHHHHHH ...only in coffs it has a second use.... ;)
    and cheap tooo...
    I'm winded

club trailer - fits 18 bikes
    2nd trailer - fits 7 bikes

photos from:
    tonyjross.com

btw - think we can tell what the numbers are - - not sure it matters..?
    Last edited by red_dog; 03-11-2007 at 08:03 PM.

mate there is only one option and one option only....it is a crank slot trailer...thats how us vic's roll..nothin beats it, for some reason most of the other states havnt got the picture yet, and alot of ppl seem to try and reinvent the wheel every time they go to make a trailer. on a 6x4 trailer you can get 7 - 8 crank slots, with a flat deck made to sit ontop of the trailer...a little over hang is required....i dont have any pics but there is a few threads on it....prity much you make a frame/deck that will sit on the top of the sides of the trailer, you then attach crank slots, which you can purchase ready made from gripsport, to the deck/frame and away you go. You can make the deck overhang at each end to give you a bit more room for an extra bike, without doing to much over hang though you can get 7 bikes. In vic we make them all face the same way and we stager the crank slots , one left, one right, one left, one right etc hope you can get a mental picture, or maybs some one has a photo.....

Banned

Duff man is on the ball. WA is rocking a couple for race shuttles, they work real well. Dont have nay pics though sorry

How secure are the ones that use a crank holder. Me and my mates are thinking of building up a trailer but would they be secure enough to transport bikes long distances on the highway and stuff or would they be only good for short shuttle trips?
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

9 bikes held in by a single lever. No damage what so ever as the only thing touching the trailer is the tyres.
    You would need to be prepared to put in the effort into the design however this may give you some ideas before you get the hack saw out.
    This is a very comfortable way to shuttle.

Thats one of the best by far 9 bikes that lever system is perfect :)

Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast