Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Any DH tracks around Perth?

  1. #1
    Member DownhillLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    49

    Default Any DH tracks around Perth?

    Hey guys, I recently made a short move over to perth. I was wondering if anyone knew of any DH trails? Thanks guys.
    I was standing in the park, staring at a frisbee. Then it hit me.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    105

    Default

    I don't ride DH but check out Perth Mtb club.
    http://perthmtb.asn.au/

    Or try posting to the kalamunda mtb collective
    http://www.kalamundacollective.com.au
    https://www.facebook.com/KalamundaCollective

  3. #3
    Member DownhillLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sappa View Post
    I don't ride DH but check out Perth Mtb club.
    http://perthmtb.asn.au/

    Or try posting to the kalamunda mtb collective
    http://www.kalamundacollective.com.au
    https://www.facebook.com/KalamundaCollective
    Thanks dude. I did check out Goat Farm but I don't think they have any DH tracks.
    I was standing in the park, staring at a frisbee. Then it hit me.

  4. #4
    Senior Member wesdadude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownhillLife View Post
    I did check out Goat Farm but I don't think they have any DH tracks.
    Yeah, the Goat Farm's push runs only. In terms of shuttles in Perth there's Mundaring, (map location). The tracks are just after the weir if you're coming from the Kalamunda direction, look for the big fluoro turn signs. For downhill, Peel Districts is the club to check out.

    Cheers,
    Wes
    Last edited by wesdadude; 21-06-2015 at 12:11 PM.
    Polygon DHX 2014 | Nukeproof Mega AM 2013 | RIP Lapierre Spicy 2012 | Glory DH 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    You single speeders are the vegans of the mtb world, can't help but tell everyone.

  5. #5
    Member DownhillLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesdadude View Post
    Yeah, the Goat Farm's push runs only. In terms of shuttles in Perth there's Mundaring, (map location). The tracks are just after the weir if you're coming from the Kalamunda direction, look for the big fluoro turn signs. For downhill, Peel Districts is the club to check out.

    Cheers,
    Wes
    Thanks dude will scout it out. Went past there going to lunch. Is it near where that big pipe? I live smack bang in the City so I'm not sure which side I would come from
    I was standing in the park, staring at a frisbee. Then it hit me.

  6. #6
    Senior Member wesdadude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownhillLife View Post
    Is it near where that big pipe? I live smack bang in the City so I'm not sure which side I would come from
    I'd say yes but that big pipe goes all the way to Kalgoorlie so it's not really a great reference. From the city you'd probably be going Gt Eastern Highway (past the Goatfarm) and then coming up the hill via Mundaring which is the other way (it'll be on your right). If you hit the weir you've gone too far.
    Polygon DHX 2014 | Nukeproof Mega AM 2013 | RIP Lapierre Spicy 2012 | Glory DH 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    You single speeders are the vegans of the mtb world, can't help but tell everyone.

  7. #7
    Member DownhillLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Alright sick dude. Thanks for all the info. Do you go riding much up there? Any good rock gardens, berms, jumps? And how big do you reckon the track is?
    I was standing in the park, staring at a frisbee. Then it hit me.

  8. #8
    Senior Member wesdadude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    560

    Default

    I haven't been on the bike for far too long (although holidays are almost upon me so that could change) but there's generally a good scene up there on Sundays. There's quite a few runs down the hill, think they're all pretty much under two minutes, maybe three. There's a decent collection of berms and jumps but not a lot in the way of rock gardens.
    Polygon DHX 2014 | Nukeproof Mega AM 2013 | RIP Lapierre Spicy 2012 | Glory DH 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    You single speeders are the vegans of the mtb world, can't help but tell everyone.

  9. #9
    Member DownhillLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesdadude View Post
    I haven't been on the bike for far too long (although holidays are almost upon me so that could change) but there's generally a good scene up there on Sundays. There's quite a few runs down the hill, think they're all pretty much under two minutes, maybe three. There's a decent collection of berms and jumps but not a lot in the way of rock gardens.
    Oh yeah that's cool. Might have to hit up after the trip back home to Wollongong.
    I was standing in the park, staring at a frisbee. Then it hit me.

  10. #10
    Member DownhillLife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    49

    Default

    I am also unsure of how to get to the DH tracks is there anyway to show via google maps or anything?
    I was standing in the park, staring at a frisbee. Then it hit me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •