Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gear review section?

Clinically Inane

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Not yet but that is one of the goals and points that we plan to tweak along the way. First step is to understand how much traffic it's likely to raise by forum members doing their own reviews. If that's a decent amount then we start looking more seriously at opportunities and how best to arrange and tweak things to leverage value and all that other corporaty kind of words.
    Oh I get it...you're looking for someone to pump the forum full of reviews?

No, not really. I'm always hunting down reviews for parts and kit and always landing on other websites and forums. So I thought why not here instead of trawling through google? We've discussed doing this in the past and I reckon it's something that people will enjoy so I got it going. That's pretty much the guts of it. Other considerations like making them easy to be found when searching, giving members the chance to vent and warn others about shit parts, maybe branching out to review (legal) trails and races, etc. etc. all flowed from the original concept.
    Last edited by johnny; 07-03-2017 at 12:18 AM.
    Respect the Mountain. Ride the Bull. Feel the Flow.

Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver, hifiandmtb, yogibear, scblack, NoSkidMarks/Crankin, oliosky, dolphinman, binner, iUDEX_nCr, Psimpson7, nickg78, DillonRib, Squims.

Was just thinking, to add to what I've written above, we do want to increase traffic on the forums as well. As other social media has expanded forum activity across the board has decreased. That means it's more difficult to attract and retain advertisers and as a consequence, harder to pay for the website. So if we can create a new and interesting mode of usage for the current members and also attract other people to the website through google searches then that's an important gain.
    Respect the Mountain. Ride the Bull. Feel the Flow.

Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver, hifiandmtb, yogibear, scblack, NoSkidMarks/Crankin, oliosky, dolphinman, binner, iUDEX_nCr, Psimpson7, nickg78, DillonRib, Squims.

We should start with an avid thread.

Vealcake

Was just thinking, to add to what I've written above, we do want to increase traffic on the forums as well. As other social media has expanded forum activity across the board has decreased. That means it's more difficult to attract and retain advertisers and as a consequence, harder to pay for the website. So if we can create a new and interesting mode of usage for the current members and also attract other people to the website through google searches then that's an important gain.
    totally agree, forums seem a bit slow at times, new things to read seems cool to me

Clinically Inane

The gear reviews seem to be going well, the new (cash for comment ) process as well. I feel this would be a good time to create a specific sub forum for reviews, similar to what we have for travel posts.

Quote Originally Posted by pink poodle View Post
    The gear reviews seem to be going well, the new (cash for comment ) process as well. I feel this would be a good time to create a specific sub forum for reviews, similar to what we have for travel posts.
    Agreed, it'll be much easier to distinguish the reviews from the rest. They get a bit lost at the moment.

... attract other people to the website through google searches then that's an important gain.
    I'll get you some traffic with my next PYR.. Ay Moorebagz ;)

Clinically Inane

Quote Originally Posted by Ideate View Post
    I'll get you some traffic with my next PYR.. Ay Moorebagz ;)
    Gets tissues ready for adult content...or tears, knowing it's going to be tears.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456