Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marzocchi 350 cr

Default Marzocchi 350 cr

Hi Burners
    Just bought myself a new fork (Marzocchi 350 cr) and was wondering if anyone out there has any real world experience on them. There is very limited information on the net and most of the reviews are for the more expensive model. They will be replacing my trusty Fox 36r which are going on a NS eccentric. The 36's have been great if not a little porky but have been running a 27.5 wheel in it for the last few months and the clearance between tyre and arch is limited to say the least. Then I found these
    http://www.jensonusa.com/Marzocchi-350-CR-275-Fork
    I thought why not. So has anyone got experience on them or any advice regarding set up, break in time ect. Thanks

Not me, but my mate bought bought 2014 and 2015 55cr's, and had a world of issues with them (creaking CSU's and internal failures).....both were replaced under warranty, and I think one set was returned a second time. Luckily for him, he bought locally, so the LBS looked after him. If you have issues, might be a bit harder coming from the States. Others have had a good run though, so fingers crossed for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

Bloody hell that was a quick reply. Well yes let's hope there not a dodgy set. They were very cheap ($460) so it wouldn't be the end end the world if there was probs and can always pop 36's back on if needed but am crossing fingers that there a good set. Slightly off topic, delivery from Jensonusa was super quick.

doing laps at the ReasonablyAngryWhiteguy Bikepark...

Marz forks, can't comment on quality generally. I've got 55CR straight steerer forks on my Rune. Seem to have been fine. no issues past 18 months or so. Bought local for aus warranty. I think NS Dynamics are the ?? national service centre for Marz or something like that. Anyways, give 'em a run on your bike

I seem to remember reading here on RB that gripsport can put a new alu steerer tube in forks (if creaking?) not sure if that's just for straight steerers or tapered as well. Moorey might know.
    Last edited by ForkinGreat; 31-12-2015 at 08:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mywifesirrational View Post
    ...I sent her a photo of a spanish guy killed while fucking a chicken...
    Quote Originally Posted by moorey View Post
    ...and I for one welcome our ant overlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrod839 View Post
    All three were not wearing neckbraces and its all most impossible to determine if paul and sams outcomes would of being different if they were wearing one.

They are great value for money and since they moved the manufacturing back from China they are super reliable.

We had them on our Enduro range last year on the lower end models but have been better than the pikes on some of the higher spec models.
    Mondraker Australia

www.mondraker.com.au

Well like I said fingers crossed there a good set. If there are any issues I'd prob take on the chin. I have a very good suspension guy in Melbourne who I'm sure will have them sorted for me. Still thats not the point really. You do expect things to work out of the box. Any idea of a good starting point with pressure. Currently running 53psi in 36's. I'm only 67kg with pack, oh and thanks everyone for your reply's

Quote Originally Posted by dynamitedread View Post
    Well like I said fingers crossed there a good set. If there are any issues I'd prob take on the chin. I have a very good suspension guy in Melbourne who I'm sure will have them sorted for me. Still thats not the point really. You do expect things to work out of the box. Any idea of a good starting point with pressure. Currently running 53psi in 36's. I'm only 67kg with pack, oh and thanks everyone for your reply's
    Its going to be hard to suggest seen as I run 55 psi in my 36's and am over 85kg ... down to preference ..

Rule of thumb for setup is over a few rides on your local and different trails, play with the pressure so that you almost bottom out at least once on the ride, no point in having the travel if you don't use it, you then have a idea of what trails equal what pressure, remember to change the rebound as you go up or down in pressure to allow for the change in "spring"
    Mondraker Australia

www.mondraker.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by antonfourie View Post
    They are great value for money and since they moved the manufacturing back from China they are super reliable.

We had them on our Enduro range last year on the lower end models but have been better than the pikes on some of the higher spec models.
    Thanks mate for positive review. Was starting worry. All I want is a simple but quality fork. I'm very much a set and forget type.

Quote Originally Posted by ForkinGreat View Post

I seem to remember reading here on RB that gripsport can put a new alu steerer tube in forks (if creaking?) not sure if that's just for straight steerers or tapered as well. Moorey might know.
    They do indeed. 5 years ago I wanted a straight 1.5" replaced with a tapered. They couldn't get tapered replacements back then, but I'm sure they could now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

Clinically Inane

Not me, but my mate bought bought 2014 and 2015 55cr's, and had a world of issues with them (creaking CSU's and internal failures).....both were replaced under warranty, and I think one set was returned a second time. Luckily for him, he bought locally, so the LBS looked after him. If you have issues, might be a bit harder coming from the States. Others have had a good run though, so fingers crossed for you.
    I had the same fork and flogged it like a hookers pussy. Not a single issue. I really liked them. They looked good too.

They do indeed. 5 years ago I wanted a straight 1.5" replaced with a tapered. They couldn't get tapered replacements back then, but I'm sure they could now.
    That is handy to know.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast