Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: The "I will ride _____km in 2017" thread - commit and conquer here!!

There's no doubt that different styles of riding are harder, when training for the Simpson race, I was doing lots of flat fatbike beach rides on soft sand. 8kph average speed while roadies flew past on the esplanade doing 40kph on flat tarmac, clocking the same zero elevation.

My MTB rides would only be approximately ~25% of my years distance, CX is about ~25% with rest being road and commutes.

Evil Following
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Pivot Vault CX
    Fat SingleSpeed
    Cervelo R3 Disc

Not happy, Jan.

I will ride fuck all kms in 2017. I got complacent and thought it was all healing ahead of schedule and got slack on the exercises... Doh. Muchos Ouchies and a month or two set back I reckon.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Well, after not doing anything to my house for a couple of years as we were going to knock it down and build "her" dream home, the rip off cost of dealing with greedy builders and their provisional sums... we gave up.

Then I put a 5 week deadline on getting my house ready for sale and during that time, bought another. Been the busiest I have have ever been working on the place, so for the first time in many years, riding took a back seat.

I have just got the first load of my family's collective 17 bikes out of the storage unit and am slowly trying to get back to normality. Got a good bit of stuff to do to the new place too.

Now not sat my ass on a saddle for over a month and that was a commute to work and the Melrose Fat Tyre Festival, also had a week and a half's drought before that.

Was expecting the house rebuild to hit my cycling, didn't realise that other things in life can take up so much time.

Its pissing down here in SA at the moment, Friday is looking good to get the kids out too !

1445km behind target now and no chance of making that up now, nearly made 12,000 the last few years, dropped to 10k due to the above... will be lucky to make 8k in 2017.

I now live 320m above sea level so my commute just got a little bit harder too !

Roll on Friday, its ride day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Evil Following
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Pivot Vault CX
    Fat SingleSpeed
    Cervelo R3 Disc

Can't remember what my km goal was for this year but I bet I'd be well behind, my work timetable is all over the shop and I get sent away with little notice, can't remember when I've had a full week at home!

I just ticked over 1,000 km for the year this morning. The majority of rides are generally short - 15 km return commute to the office (when I'm home) and typically only will do 15 km or so on the MTB in a session. My goal is just to beat the weekly average which is about 45 km a week.

Most of all I'm having fun on my bike and that's all that matters!

i can't rmember my km goal or eveb if i had one -i would have liked to reach 100k elevation, don't think ill be hitting that without an everestig or 2, currently betw. 46-48000 elevation. all dirt km's though [only road i ride is between dirt section] with the recent rain i am doing more cx/gravel riding & less mtb
    Cotic BFe[gone to oldest], old Yeti as-r[retired], focus CX,Lapierre xr529

Cool

Set my goal for the year at 1500 klm of dirt only.
    So far not looking good and am sitting at 433.
    A combination of being so hot in Brissy in Jan to March and then having to get the house finished to put on the market has really eaten into any available time to ride.
    I have entered a 50k XC event in 8 weeks and am feeling a bit worried about being able to be fit enough.
    Time to pull the proverbial finger out and start to get fit again. Have a feeling it's going to hurt.

My goal was to ride 3000kms which would have been double last year.

I'm 206kms behind, I'm pretty happy with that.

Im not a big rider.
    Don't you point your fooking tentacle at me !

I've completed more k's so far this year than I did in all of last year. Completed my first mtb event. Completed a 100mile road ride. I'm pretty happy with that effort. Just gotta keep it up now.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Good work guys, accomplishing any more Km's than last year is a WIN !

Sometimes shit in life holds you back, hoping my missus once again get's to tell her friends what I do... Billy rides a bike ! She... makes me brekky in bed.

Evil Following
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Pivot Vault CX
    Fat SingleSpeed
    Cervelo R3 Disc

Inside the final quarter, I'm 2300kms with a target of 3,000.

This is more than I've ever ridden since getting back to it so whatever happens its been a good year, but I'll get the 3000.
    Don't you point your fooking tentacle at me !

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast