Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: strive or spectral

Default strive or spectral

Hi I am getting back into mountain biking after a couple of years away and can't decide between two canyon bike the strive or the spectral. My main problem with deciding between the two is that I still have my old DH bike and I am not sure if the strive will make a good all round bit of everything bike with out encroaching on the big bike's territory to much. any suggestion would be appreciated

Default strive or spectral

All depends on what you want a bike for and where you want to ride it.
    Lots of people (including me) ride a bike with similar geo to the Strive for everything, a 1 bike for all so to speak.

If I was looking for a bike to ride xc trails only, I wouldn't buy one. If I was looking to ride single track and AM then yes, I would.

I need the bike to do a bit of everything with a focus on going down fast than up and since I live in Darwin where there aren't that many hill (planing to return south) the bike needs to be alright at riding flattish areas.

The Strive goes downhill fast as is well known, but what surprised me most was how well it goes uphill and how well it handles twisty single track in XC mode. I've only had it a few weeks now but for me it's doing the 2-bikes in one thing quite well.

But. If you plan on keeping the DH rig, then maybe the Spectral is more appropriate.

I have the Spectral.. its a fantastic bike and very capable across the board. I agree with BT180, if you are keeping the DH rig then definitely Spectral. Both are great bikes and neither will cease to put a smile on your face..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

has anyone ridden both ?

Bump and a bit of a grave dig.
    Now the the SB6 is gone... I'm running a Spectral over and over.
    Anyone ridden both Strive and spectral?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Spectral would be on my list if I were in the market for a blitzing trail bike, luckily for me my Phantom does that job brilliantly.
    Last edited by aanon; 21-12-2016 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BT180 View Post
    The Strive goes downhill fast as is well known, but what surprised me most was how well it goes uphill and how well it handles twisty single track in XC mode. I've only had it a few weeks now but for me it's doing the 2-bikes in one thing quite well.

But. If you plan on keeping the DH rig, then maybe the Spectral is more appropriate.
    I've got a Strive and also find it excellent - the shapeshifter makes it a passable all-rounder for most of the trails you find around Sydney at least. That said, it has some turning limits in really tight stuff and is definitely stouter and softer than the Spectral. It makes a decent DH bike at a pinch, one which can be comfortably ridden back up a hill for more runs.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

Just pulled the trigger on a Spectral. Strive was just too close to SB6 for me to be comfortable with buying Un ridden.
    Spectral's geo (on paper) is exactly what I'm after....
    Pumped to get it...

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast