Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kudos - when customer service excels

stink noodle

Default Kudos - when customer service excels

This place pays a lot of tribute the times our dealers let us down, so i thought a thread celebrating the good times was in order. After all is good customer service not what we crave?

I'll get the ball rolling...I recently made a purchase from Torpedo7. Unfortunately one of the items arrived damaged. 2 emails, 1 photograph, and a couple of days later I was presented with a choice of 4 options, all of which exceeded my expectations. The issue is now resolved, I'm a happy customer, and I've made an additional order with them in the process. The replacement (which isn't an essential item) will be with me in a few days.

Say no to bad customer service, by saying wow(!) to the good service!

I will play along, CRC recently sent me a pair of shorts for my wife that were quoted as containing a liner short. No such liner arrived and when questioned on it they discovered an error in the write up. They promptly edited the website and sent me a refund saying not to bother sending the shorts back as it was not worth the postage (on sale at $48 from $139). Can't complain about that

Good to hear. Opposite story with me and another online store currently. May be my last order with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

Sea R Sea seem to pack items very untidily in my opinion. I've used Torpedo quite often for Shimano rotors and never had a problem with them, even their snail mail seems to be faster than most.
    Last edited by Flow-Rider; 20-09-2016 at 01:19 PM.

Big +1M to BMX Mafia.

Was a couple years ago, but looking for an odd sized BB to sell a bike and they said they had a used one in good condish that we could have for free. Got there and it turned out they didn't have it after all, so gave us a brand new one for freeeeee in the holiday spirit. Been going back ever since for all those little bits i needed to finish my build yesterday.

Default Good thread

I have twice had good service from a local shop, not been opened long. Saturn Cycles in Albany Creek. I have fitted new cassettes to the kids bikes to extend their riding capabilities and the shop removed the old cassettes for me on the spot free as I did not have the right tool.

They will be getting some of my money next time I am in the market some new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Brow View Post
    I have twice had good service from a local shop, not been opened long. Saturn Cycles in Albany Creek. I have fitted new cassettes to the kids bikes to extend their riding capabilities and the shop removed the old cassettes for me on the spot free as I did not have the right tool.

They will be getting some of my money next time I am in the market some new stuff.
    I think this is becoming a trend in bricks and mortar retail. Your average retail bike shop can't compete against the online stores on price, and even the level of service from the online sellers is pretty good for the most part as well (Moorey's exception pending). My LBS has always gone above and beyond in all my dealings with them; it's that good old face to face stuff, free tips and advice that keep me coming back. Well, that and all the nice shiny new bikes they have...
    I wish my body was as old as my brain thinks it is.

Default great idea for a thread

I was thinking of starting something similar after my experience with the MTB suspension centre in Sydney.

Wanted to add to the bottom out bumper to shorten the stroke very slightly and they did a fantastic and precise job going above and beyond what I asked for. Great price too.

Someone installed the cassette lockring on my Kona with a impact wrench and red loctite and I bent tools trying to undo it.

Two mechanics at Park bikes in Sydney Olympic Park got the job done, with much effort I might add.

Cost to me = $0

The staff here are courteous and professional.
    Fertilising my post count

My young son ,12 at the time, bought a single speed conversion kit online off DMR bikes in the UK to turn his 10 speed in to a dirt jumper.
    When it got here it was wrong, the wrong components had been packed in the plastic bag.
    2 emails with a photo and 4 days!!!! later a new kit arrives in the mail along with a tee shirt, stickers and three BMX DVDS
    Stickers are a sure way to a 12 year olds heart : )
    NEVER LAST

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast