Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like the sram geo-block has reached germany.

Default Looks like the sram geo-block has reached germany.

Bike 24, and bike discount will no longer ship sram, rockshox to aus. Bike components will but for how long? In my ideal world Hope will release an 11 speed shifter, derailleur some time in the near future.

Merlin too

Hitler parody Only fools and people in power refuse to change their views to match reality

Wasn't there are workaround for this when using CRC?

Funny how companies that want a Global presence seemingly love to screw you over when you might go ahead and actually buy globally too. Pity, I had a soft spot for SRAM.

If I really needed a SRAM goodie then I'd mess around with shipitto and browser proxies but until then it is f^&k you SRAM. Insert your longest and sharpest product sideways up your arse. Long live the competition till they try to pull the same stunt

Dear Monza Imports, I won't be buying anything else from you either so you won't win in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by hifiandmtb View Post
    Wasn't there are workaround for this when using CRC?
    Yep

Change location to U.K., add to Wishlist , change location to AUS and add from Wishlist to cart

Worked 3 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Ring around your LBS the price difference between OS and here really isn't that bad.
    About 30 difference in sram brakes and 40-50 in derailers.
    Suspension is still cheaper by a fair bit OS.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod839 View Post
    Ring around your LBS the price difference between OS and here really isn't that bad.
    About 30 difference in sram brakes and 40-50 in derailers.
    That's a bad difference.
    Fertilising my post count

Noticed this earlier in the week when looking for new fork. Was tossing up between a lyrik and fox 36.

Lyrik was cheaper from overseas, but then realised they wouldn't ship it here so got a 36 locally.

This seems like a really good move to push people over to shimano/fox/hope...

Quote Originally Posted by skinnybeans View Post
    Noticed this earlier in the week when looking for new fork. Was tossing up between a lyrik and fox 36.

Lyrik was cheaper from overseas, but then realised they wouldn't ship it here so got a 36 locally.

This seems like a really good move to push people over to shimano/fox/hope...

Wondering if I can modify a dt Swiss shimano freehub to take a hope cassette.
    Hitler parody Only fools and people in power refuse to change their views to match reality

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod839 View Post
    For an order less than AUD$1000 I'd agree, but as soon as you exceed $1000 you need to add at least 15% for customs duty and GST; it makes the Aussie stores quite competitive at that point. And if the government makes good on its plan to reduce the GST free threshold to $100 then you'll basically need to factor a 10% premium on virtually everything you buy OS.

Just had a quick look - a set of Pikes from bike exchange would cost you about AUD$900 delivered based on current Visa exchange rate (1 EU = 1.435572 AUD) and adding 3% currency conversion fee. No duty or GST applicable. That's a pretty good deal isn't it... Buy from CRC though (if the wishlist hack still works) and CRC's delivered value is AUD$1087, to which you need to add 5% duty and 10% GST, total is about $1255 - pushys is cheaper.

Still pays to shop around I guess, and buy stuff when it's on sale - just look at the price of Cane Creek shocks on mountainbikesdirect at the moment.

I wonder how these EU/UK/US online stores feel about being told who they can and can't sell stuff to? You'd think that with the sort of trade volume they must do, they could dictate the terms to $RAM rather than be other way around, even if their Australian sales only represented a small percentage of their overall trade.
    I wish my body was as old as my brain thinks it is.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast