Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Canyon MTB - Real Life Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nuclear_powered View Post
    Some points worth adding: if you go to the customer service centre in Melbourne, I'm pretty sure they'll let you have a test ride. Don't know if that means "take it away to the trails" or just a carpark test though. But I've heard they're a great crew.

Also, pretty sure they have a really solid returns system given most people can't access the aforementioned test ride offer.

A friend bought a runout 2016 alloy Spectral for 3800 delivered: same spec as yours by the sound of it. He was as impressed with the process also. It's a great riding bike, nothing like Horst link bikes I've ridden in the past.
    Think the 16 model had a cane creek IL and Mavic wheels. Apart from that, they're pretty much unchanged.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DeBloot View Post
    good value for money
    Renthal fatbars don't match any colour
    Don't know why that insipid colour is all they come in
    Pretty sure it's their thing. Every "plain" renthal dirtbike bar I've ever seen is that colour. Why stop now!?

That bike has sweeeet lines. Love how it looks.

Thanks for sharing the purchase experience. Would like more photos, including the box stuff

How do these pedal/ride compared to say, a stumpjumper? What's the f&f like around internal cabling?
    Be careful with that, it was new once.

Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Yep.... they are horrendous!
    I'll pick up some nice carbon 35mm bars once I'm happy with width, rise and sweep.

I've a mate who's a Renthal die hard..... loves the colour. He's also Scottish...so he has bigger problems than his preferred colour palet.
    Very happy with their colour. Not into the murdered, or colour matching game.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

Good write up mate. Yep, I have a Strive CF and rang the guy's in Melbourne last week to see if I could grab spare derailer hanger and some other bits through them instead of paying the crazy freight prices through their online shop in Germany. They were great and easy to deal with. The items where in my hands within 2 days and I live in country SA. Cheers and enjoy your Canyon.

Sweet looking bike I love the colour!

Quote Originally Posted by schred View Post
    How do these pedal/ride compared to say, a stumpjumper? What's the f&f like around internal cabling?
    Got out for a quick pedal today (6km) to try dial in setup.
    I can't comment on the comparison to a stumpy, but it's definitely more active with more pedal bob than the Yeti.
    That said, it also definately climbs better than the SB6 too, steeper angles surely help.

It's fast.... and smooth, even this I've still to fiddle around more to get it in the sweet spot.

As for the internal routing, I swapped out the GX front shifter for an X01 (for more adjustment and better feel) and fucked off the internal split outer cable for a full outer. Split internal routed cable sucks balls.

Quote Originally Posted by moorey View Post
    Very happy with their colour. Not into the murdered, or colour matching game.
    Yeah I thought for a while I'd have to go for the black version, but luckily this colour came back into stick just before I ordered it. Funnily enough it's out of stock again.

Really didn't want another raw/black bike. This will stay stock with the exception of the bars.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Default Question

Did the reverb remote come under on the LH or can you sec that? I notice some bikes on their website have over on the LH which I'm not keen on.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast