Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reign or Remedy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Reign or Remedy?

Contemplating a Reign 1 or Remedy 9 for general riding, and a few Thredbo trips each year. Any endorsements for which? I'm one of those guys who's happy to trade climb ability for plushness going down.

I've owned older Reigns and Remedys, have been happy with both brands. The Reign has better spec'd wheels (composite) and larger brake discs, and is 160/160. Trek Remedy 9 RSL is 160/150, and I slightly prefer their linkage system in terms of efficiency and feel.

They're within $100 of each other which makes it tough :)

Why are these your only 2 options?
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

Quote Originally Posted by moorey View Post
    Why not?..
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    like any group there are extremist fringe elements who are willing to commit atrocities in the name of their particular skewed beliefs.
    How's get fucked sound?

I'm open to other suggestions up to $5k-ish, but I'm gravitating to these as I've owned both in the past (so less risk), good spec for the price, and decent resale (low priority, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by CP View Post
    I'm open to other suggestions up to $5k-ish, but I'm gravitating to these as I've owned both in the past (so less risk), good spec for the price, and decent resale (low priority, but still).
    Fair enough, there are just so many nice bikes out there for $5k, that if I had the cash, I'd look at all options. Not sure I agree about resale, even if not a priority. There are a lot of reigns and remedys out there second hand not selling for much.
    Have you looked on bike exchange for runout models?
    Last edited by moorey; 06-01-2017 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

Quote Originally Posted by CP View Post
    He's right though. $5K is gonna get you a shit load of bike. Obviously you're wanting new?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    like any group there are extremist fringe elements who are willing to commit atrocities in the name of their particular skewed beliefs.
    How's get fucked sound?

Is second that if you got 5k to blow search around. I got a killer DH rig as an ex demo that I would never be able to afford new but got it at a steal and it's basically new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are looking for a bargain , there are still a few 2016 remedys going around at good prices , not many left

I picked up a 9 27.5 a few weeks back for just over $3000 ,

Awesome bike , stoked for what I paid

A 2017 Remedy is a great option - reactiv rear shock, boost, great spec, great geometry, looks amazing and has really good reviews. Can't think of a better option for that style of bike, travel and budget. However if you want some analysis paralysis, check out - http://www.bikemag.com/2017-bible-of...of-bike-tests/

Plus there has been a significant jump forward in technology and geometry across the board for 2017 bikes.

If you were to go a bike with slightly less travel, I would add a Canyon Spectral to your shortlist.

As for the Reign - if you were doing more Thredbo and less trail riding, I would say yes include as an option but otherwise no.
    Last edited by SDA; 07-01-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Canyon Strive AL 6.0 Race or non race land either side of $5K and look like they would take on decending duties really well. The spectral looks great too.

I got my 2016 Trance advanced 1 for $1600 off. $2k less than the 2017 model. At full RRP and less than 5k I would have chosen a spectral CF 8.0 or maybe the AL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast