Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knee/ shin guards

Default Knee/ shin guards

My 661 Riot shin guards are worn out. I want to get something to cover both the knee and shin this time but I'm finding that most claim to protect the shin but actually run quite short. Like the Fox Rampage for example. Anyone running a knee/shin guard that covers the shin properly. I like the look of these Leatts for example..
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/a.../rp-prod123846

I ran the 661 Race Knee Shin pads for a while, had good shin coverage and were pretty comfortable. Only stop using them to go some dainese trail skins.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchy_ View Post
    i have nothing constructive to add other than i keep reading your name as doctor potato.

Default Dainese Oak Evo hard knee guards

I am selling my Dainese Oak Evo hard knee guards.

Quote Originally Posted by peters View Post
    I am selling my Dainese Oak Evo hard knee guards.
    Thanks mate but I'm chasing something to protect knees and shins

The RaceFace Flank leg guards are amazing. Give these serious consideration. Super comfy and everything you could need protection wise. Extremely well thought out and rider tested design. Can't pump them up enough.

https://www.raceface.com/products/de...ank-leg-guards
    HOLD IT WIDE !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Dinger View Post
    The RaceFace Flank leg guards are amazing. Give these serious consideration. Super comfy and everything you could need protection wise. Extremely well thought out and rider tested design. Can't pump them up enough.

https://www.raceface.com/products/de...ank-leg-guards
    I've looked at them online. They look good. How far down the shin do they go on your leg?

I use ixs. Most comfortable I've ever worn. Looks similar to those leatts. The knee only version of these are popular too. Wore them all day up at Bright last Saturday (38 degrees?) without complain.

Last edited by Ideate; 10-01-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideate View Post
    I use ixs. Most comfortable I've ever worn. Looks similar to those leatts. The knee only version of these are popular too. Wore them all day up at Bright last Saturday (38 degrees?) without complain.

How far down the shin do they go? The reason I keep asking is we ride in a lot really rocky loose places and the shit that get thrown up off my wheel is amazing. And it always seems to hit you above the ankle! So I'm looking for quite a long shin protector.

All the way? The knee version actually covers the top part of your shin. But these go down to my ankle. It's actually the only part that was initially uncomfortable while I was wearing them in. The very bottom would dig into the top of my foot/ankle. They don't wrap around the sides of your ankle though. Get some ankle guards or a brace if that's where you're getting struck by rocks.
    Last edited by Ideate; 10-01-2017 at 09:47 AM.

The Fox Launch knee and shin pads have really good coverage, go all the way to the top of the foot. I have a set that I hardly use anymore that I contemplated selling but you can pick them up reasonably cheap on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FOX-LAUNC...25.m3641.l6368

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast