Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sola Sport ?

Default Sola Sport ?

Has anybody had the misfortune of dealing with Sola Sports lately http://www.solasport.com.au ?
    What was your experience with them, good / bad ?
    The problem I have with then is not resolved yet, but the experience so far has left a bad taste in my mouth.
    I would be interested in other people's experiences.

Ahhh yes. I have had the displeasure of dealing with them in the end wrote a letter (you know the paper type) to the boss.

Issue was fox 34mm damper ended up paying for a new FIT cartridge when they said the original was OK. Problem was it came back with 20mm less travel with the new cartridge they installed.
    Some of the excuses were are you sure it had 140mm travel in the first place and we thoroughly check every job before it goes out.
    Shame they don't check the travel ay!
    Got it sorted after 5 weeks with no fork.
    I am now real shy of Fox, not so much because of the product but potentially having to deal with SOLA Sport if any warranty work needs doing.
    Just bought a couple of bikes for myself and the missus both with Rockshox sus.

Good luck with the wankers.

Got a Fox shock serviced by them since there's no other choice in Australia.... they promise a 1 week turnaround. Took 13 working days. Having said that the shock seems to work well now.

Quote Originally Posted by kbekus View Post
    Got a Fox shock serviced by them since there's no other choice in Australia.... they promise a 1 week turnaround. Took 13 working days. Having said that the shock seems to work well now.
    There are plenty of other choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    like any group there are extremist fringe elements who are willing to commit atrocities in the name of their particular skewed beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by moorey View Post
    Dr Moore loves his current Alpine..and his 5 other Oranges

My rear shock was turned around by them in good time on a warranty claim. Only problem was after rebuild it wouldn't hold air on a ride and required pumping up after an hour or so. Shop found the leaking seal and had NSDynamics fix instead of returning it. First time was about 2 week turn around. Second time was 3 hours. The way FTR looked after me was nothing short of exceptional. Forks and Shocks will be going to NSD for overhaul when the time comes

Quote Originally Posted by kbekus View Post
    Wrong..... by a long shot.
    Last edited by JTmofo; 07-02-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Deal with Sola on a regular basis and unfortunately i don't have anything nice to say. If you have the option send your service work to Simon at Mountain Bike Suspension Centre, as for warranty claims etc with sola, i recommend emailing Fox directly if you are not getting anywhere with them as they appreciate the feedback and are always willing to help out in any way they can. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Cam070695 View Post
    Deal with Sola on a regular basis and unfortunately i don't have anything nice to say. If you have the option send your service work to Simon at Mountain Bike Suspension Centre, as for warranty claims etc with sola, i recommend emailing Fox directly if you are not getting anywhere with them as they appreciate the feedback and are always willing to help out in any way they can. Good luck
    This ^^^^^ ......

Ive only had one experience dealing with sola- and never will again. However it's made picking suspension components easier- I won't shortlist anything for a build that puts money in their pockets.

Dealt with them once via my LBS for a warranty claim on creaking crowns... took 5 weeks, got my fork back with Kashima stanchions.

New crown was creaking within 2 rides.
    Opted for Loctite fix rather than send them back again.

Haven't owned a Fox fork since.
    If I rode a fixie and nobody saw it, was it still cool?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast