Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: aviation welding australia, any good on mtb fix

Vealcake

Default aviation welding australia, any good on mtb fix

Hi guys, went riding today on the cove and due to my rad riding skills it appears that I have put a crack under the headtube. I had just done a fairly mild jump of about 2 foot or so and next thing I hear is a weird noise coming from the bike, continued riding for the day and inspected it when I got home, little bit of paint cracking away under the headtube. I got out the paint stripper and took off the paint and sure as shit there is a hairline crack about 1cm long, barely noticeable until you look hard, point is I want to keep the frame as it is sweet as but need to get it fixed. To be honest I don't have faith in the Lismore welders to sort this out so did a google and pulled up aviation welding Australia based at archerfield qld.
    Anyone had any dealings with this mob and are they any good at bikes, they say they do alum bike fixes, any idea of cost of a small weld, cheers for any help
    I broke my cove doing xc, pretty sad

Quote Originally Posted by safreek View Post
    Hi guys, went riding today on the cove and due to my rad riding skills it appears that I have put a crack under the headtube. I had just done a fairly mild jump of about 2 foot or so and next thing I hear is a weird noise coming from the bike, continued riding for the day and inspected it when I got home, little bit of paint cracking away under the headtube. I got out the paint stripper and took off the paint and sure as shit there is a hairline crack about 1cm long, barely noticeable until you look hard, point is I want to keep the frame as it is sweet as but need to get it fixed. To be honest I don't have faith in the Lismore welders to sort this out so did a google and pulled up aviation welding Australia based at archerfield qld.
    Anyone had any dealings with this mob and are they any good at bikes, they say they do alum bike fixes, any idea of cost of a small weld, cheers for any help
    I wouldn't bother, just send it to Gripsport in Melbourne. They have done a few welding jobs for me over the years, and all they do is bike stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizz
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

http://www.ccomtb.com.au

Follow us on Facebook: Central Coast Ourimbah MTB

Clinically Inane

Like T-rex says...get a headtube and paint upgrade while you're at it.

Vealcake

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    I wouldn't bother, just send it to Gripsport in Melbourne. They have done a few welding jobs for me over the years, and all they do is bike stuff.
    but I am just after a quick little weld, with post and such it would cost me a fortune, I am just hoping to get it sorted next time I go to brizzy
    Quote Originally Posted by pink poodle View Post
    Like T-rex says...get a headtube and paint upgrade while you're at it.
    Shirley you jest, me afford a new paint job. I wish

You and your old shitters/tight arse fixes....just buy an orange or 6, amateur.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

Clinically Inane

but I am just after a quick little weld, with post and such it would cost me a fortune, I am just hoping to get it sorted next time I go to brizzy

Shirley you jest, me afford a new paint job. I wish
    There is no quick little weld...any half arsed effort will just be a waste on money and likely weaken the structure further. Get it done right and be happy.

There is no quick little weld...any half arsed effort will just be a waste on money and likely weaken the structure further. Get it done right and be happy.
    It's only a headtube, what's the worst that could happen ....

There sure is! Send it to me, I'll put a little dab on it and send it straight back. I'll e mail you the 50 page waiver document first though, stating I assume no responsibility for the inevitable paraplegia that could follow catastrophic frame failure.
    Or, if you like your body parts where they are, send it to gripsport.
    I won't beat you to the punch, i'll punch you to the beat - Hilltop Hoods

I've a drill bit and a hose clamp.........
    Hitler parody Only fools and people in power refuse to change their views to match reality

Clinically Inane

Quote Originally Posted by link1896 View Post
    I've a drill bit and a hose clamp.........
    You could just drill out the crack.

Why not gaff tape it?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast