Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Intense Primer

Default 2016 Intense Primer

Well, after telling myself (and my wife) no new bikes in 2017...I bought a new bike

Got wind of a good deal on a Intense Primer and decided to snap it up. The DVO Topaz is already sold and I've ordered a Cane Creek Inline IL to replace it. The idea being one of the caveats that the new bike had to have over my Canfield was the ability to run a bottle in the main triangle for after work rides. Was getting real sick of either putting up with dirty bottles on the Riot or filling and cleaning a pack for a 1hr ride.

I've got some new wheels coming from Zelvy for it (thanks boost...) but otherwise, everything else will be moved over from the Riot. Thanks to Moorey for sending me out his spare seatpost shim so I didn't need to fork out a fortune for a new dropper post!

And my Riot, before I stripped it to raid for the Primer. Riot frame will be up for sale shortly if anyone's after an awesome 29er!

Hell yeah! Thanks for going for this colour scheme too...can't wait to see it built up.

Nice colour scheme. I was so close to pressing go on a Primer recently. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it once built.

Holy shit that is a clean looking frame. *Subscribed*
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

New ASR Carbon http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/show...-bike-post-33*

My Yeti ASR Carbon *STOLEN* http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/show...on-Bling-9-9kg
    My retired Yeti ARC http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/show...pdate-post-26*

Alright, Wheels showed up today and finally got it finished off!

tipped the scales at 12.7kg with pedals. Very happy with that and the shakedown ride is locked in for Sunday.

Will get up a full spec list hopefully tomorrow. Bed time now.

Veeeeeeeeery nice! I'm not usually a fan of stealth, but there's just enough non-black on that to make it look interesting.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they're fun to push down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Veeeeeeeeery nice! I'm not usually a fan of stealth, but there's just enough non-black on that to make it look interesting.
    It would've been my last pick if buying new. But this came up and the price was fantastic. But I made sure it wasn't a complete blackout!

Very nice, (I'm a fan of the stealthy look) it looks like a hoot.

I had one of these on the radar for a bit, looking forward to a ride report.
    Last edited by nzhumpy; 20-05-2017 at 05:45 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...

Looks fantastic, congratulations!

Very keen to hear a ride report, might be a replacement frame for me if I break another Yeti. Don't suppose you got a weight on the frame?
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

New ASR Carbon http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/show...-bike-post-33*

My Yeti ASR Carbon *STOLEN* http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/show...on-Bling-9-9kg
    My retired Yeti ARC http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/show...pdate-post-26*

Quote Originally Posted by k3n!f View Post
    Looks fantastic, congratulations!

Very keen to hear a ride report, might be a replacement frame for me if I break another Yeti. Don't suppose you got a weight on the frame?
    Weight of the medium frame was 3.1kg with the DB Inline, axle, headset and derailleur outer cable installed. The high end model uses a carbon upper link and shaves another 200g off from memory.

Got out on it today and its a rocketship compared to my Riot. Doesn't give up much on the downs compared to either which is nice! The hardest part for my was dealing with the racier rear tyre. Since I was coming off a bike that ran a 2.5" DHF on the front and a 2.3 Aggressor on the back. The RR on the rear was awesome on anything but loose tech climbs and a misses out on some braking traction. Will probably upgrade to something a bit more aggressive on the rear, but really enjoyed the NN on the front.

The bike was super efficient out of the saddle and that's something I missed on the Riot. Seated climbing was still excellent with the steeper seat tube angle and something I wasn't going to give up on after having that on the Riot for the last 2 years. Before that I had the Evil Following and while it was awesome out of the saddle, it was so hard to keep the front weighted during seated climbing. Its also much more efficient going down in the rear compared to the Evil. That could be the extra 10mm of travel or the Cane Creek shock working its magic over the Monarch on the Evil.

I like to think its a nice amalgamation of the Following and the Riot. So after a flawless maiden ride, I'm happy to report that the bikes staying and I'm glad a went for a less burlier build that my last bike. I may end up regretting that last sentence when I get back to the alpine regions haha.

List of changes? A more aggressive rear tyre, had a few sketchy moments today

Will get a proper component and setup list up soon, too busy riding

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast