Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me about riding in Bright

Default Tell me about riding in Bright

Heading up to Bright for a few days this weekend and need some advice on where to ride and whether I should buy a one day shuttle pass or two...?

For reference, I'm comfortable and enjoy riding trails like Cressy at the Youies, Shepherds at Kinglake and Abom at Buller. I've never ridden International at Buller or any of the dedicated down hill trails at the Youies.

I'm on a 150mm Yeti sb66 so it handles pretty much anything (more than me).

So my questions are - are there trails beside Hero that I should hit? Is it worth getting shuttles for two days or will I get enough gravity action in one days and then spend another day exploring single track (which single track?)

Advice, ideas, suggestions welcome.

Heading back from Bright as we speak.

Get a one day shuttle pass and explore the second day under pedal power. First day you can follow other people if they know the good trails then second day follow your map.

Mostly very natural trails lots of off camber areas quite technical and lots of fast flow sections interconnecting.

Start of Hero is like a bigger version of the Cressy jumps.

Hero is great fun. Of the three trails off the top of Mystic Mountain 2 are currently closed due to some access road works. The trial that is open is steep and full of exposure. So will be fun on an am bike bit bring knee pads and a full face.
    There are lots of other great trails in the park that would be easier to pedal then shuttle. I recommend one day of shuttles and a day pedalling.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Riding at Bright is RAD.
    I like turtles!

Quote Originally Posted by teK-- View Post
    Heading back from Bright as we speak.

Get a one day shuttle pass and explore the second day under pedal power. First day you can follow other people if they know the good trails then second day follow your map.

Mostly very natural trails lots of off camber areas quite technical and lots of fast flow sections interconnecting.

Start of Hero is like a bigger version of the Cressy jumps.
    Thanks man - sounds good. Any favourite trails (besides hero)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rider_of_Bikes View Post
    Hero is great fun. Of the three trails off the top of Mystic Mountain 2 are currently closed due to some access road works. The trial that is open is steep and full of exposure. So will be fun on an am bike bit bring knee pads and a full face.
    There are lots of other great trails in the park that would be easier to pedal then shuttle. I recommend one day of shuttles and a day pedalling.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    I'll have the full face and elbow/knee pads packed for sure.

Any idea which trails were closed and the names of the one still open?

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel75 View Post
    Riding at Bright is RAD.
    Loved your write up of hero from a while back and been looking forward to heading there since.

Some of my favorites are;

Mystic
    Hero
    Corkscrew - grevids way - gorilla warfare
    All mountain trail - infarct hill - whodunit (?) - twisties - pump track
    The eiger - caros - fly by night - a little bit of Mystic d/hill -tree hugger - rhys pieces - the gully

Morse Creek
    Tombstone (mainly uphill though super fun switchback berms that spit you out and a really fun end section)
    Rollercoaster
    and lots of others I can't remember names...

Riding up is really nice too. I usually rode up the dirt road to Deer Stalker - Caros - Up DJ's (an absolute blast even if it is uphill all the way) and then across to Hero.

I really enjoyed some of the more tame tracks on the other end of town, the name escapes me right now. We did a few different tracks, hopped on a logging road and rode to Huggins lookout and then to the top of Mystic... That ride hurt:)

Don't forget jam donuts from Edelweiss bakery, great food (and beer I'd imagine) from the brewery and ice cream from Le Blanche if they're open.
    Last edited by Miguel75; 21-05-2017 at 06:46 PM. Reason: forgot Hero
    I like turtles!

If you like pedalling then watch this. Pretty good if you're into that sort of thing.

Otherwise buy a 2 day pass and use that time to progress on the features down Hero. Unless you're an ex-BMX pro and you don't need it? Once you've mastered Hero though, it's so much fun. Took me two days to get comfortable and having fun.

stink noodle

Quote Originally Posted by yuley95 View Post
    Heading up to Bright for a few days this weekend and need some advice on where to ride and whether I should buy a one day shuttle pass or two...?

For reference, I'm comfortable and enjoy riding trails like Cressy at the Youies, Shepherds at Kinglake and Abom at Buller. I've never ridden International at Buller or any of the dedicated down hill trails at the Youies.

I'm on a 150mm Yeti sb66 so it handles pretty much anything (more than me).

So my questions are - are there trails beside Hero that I should hit? Is it worth getting shuttles for two days or will I get enough gravity action in one days and then spend another day exploring single track (which single track?)

Advice, ideas, suggestions welcome.
    SB66...a 26 inch wheeled bike? You're crazy grandad!

The hero trail is rad. Buy shuttle pass for at least one day. I don't enjoy pedalling up, so I'd buy 2 days. The hill seems so steep.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast