Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: increasing travel on a Rockshox Reba 26" dual air

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    625

    Default increasing travel on a Rockshox Reba 26" dual air

    Hey all,

    I've only ever worked on Fox forks so this is my first RS experience. My wife has a 2007 Anthem and considering the age, the forks are in great condition. no marks on the stanchions and no play in the bushings. I've removed the air shaft and noticed it has a travel spacer limiting the stroke to 100mm. If I remove it the stroke increases to 120. The stanchions at full extension still allow full contact on the lower bushings so I can't see any issue with increasing the stroke. Just wanted to double check with other RS users before I put it all back together.

    Thanks
    C
    Quote Originally Posted by pink poodle View Post
    And even worse is the one stupid cunt that doesn't even notice the issues!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Lord View Post
    asked me to do it at stromlo carpark the fuckin twat.

  2. #2
    Isn't flammable. moorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Buninyong
    Posts
    27,036

    Default

    You're doing it right. Welcome to 120's ville. Population gnarr.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moorey View Post
    You're doing it right. Welcome to 120's ville. Population gnarr.
    Thanks Moorey! I'm just trying to make her bike as capable as possible until she gets a proper trail bike. Pity The Fox forks aren't so simple - I wouldn't mind increasing the travel on my 32 Factory fork out to 120!
    Quote Originally Posted by pink poodle View Post
    And even worse is the one stupid cunt that doesn't even notice the issues!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Lord View Post
    asked me to do it at stromlo carpark the fuckin twat.

  4. #4
    Isn't flammable. moorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Buninyong
    Posts
    27,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJC View Post
    Thanks Moorey! I'm just trying to make her bike as capable as possible until she gets a proper trail bike. Pity The Fox forks aren't so simple - I wouldn't mind increasing the travel on my 32 Factory fork out to 120!
    Some older fox have a pin to make 80/100 or 100/120. Duck will know if you have serial number.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

  5. #5
    Senior Member The Duckmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carrum Downs, Vic.
    Posts
    3,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moorey View Post
    Some older fox have a pin to make 80/100 or 100/120. Duck will know if you have serial number.
    You overestimate my talents on that one sorry.
    Just ride the bloody thing and enjoy yourself!

    I build wheels... :wink:

  6. #6
    Isn't flammable. moorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Buninyong
    Posts
    27,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Duckmeister View Post
    You overestimate my talents on that one sorry.
    NEVER!
    Google what model they are and a tech manual. I did it with 2 sets of fox recently...with only a little help from Stoo
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

  7. #7
    Senior Member The Duckmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carrum Downs, Vic.
    Posts
    3,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJC View Post
    My wife has a 2007 Anthem and considering the age, the forks are in great condition. no marks on the stanchions and no play in the bushings. I've removed the air shaft and noticed it has a travel spacer limiting the stroke to 100mm. If I remove it the stroke increases to 120.
    Just make sure it's actually a travel spacer & not just the top-out bump stop, which is about the same depth as a travel spacer. Rebas can be found in 80-100mm and 100-120 or 130mm variants, so can throw you. The top-out bumper is a rubber cone, a travel spacer will resemble a cotton reel and fit between the bump stop and air piston.
    Just ride the bloody thing and enjoy yourself!

    I build wheels... :wink:

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Duckmeister View Post
    Just make sure it's actually a travel spacer & not just the top-out bump stop, which is about the same depth as a travel spacer. Rebas can be found in 80-100mm and 100-120 or 130mm variants, so can throw you. The top-out bumper is a rubber cone, a travel spacer will resemble a cotton reel and fit between the bump stop and air piston.
    definitely a travel spacer. 15mm high C shaped.
    Quote Originally Posted by pink poodle View Post
    And even worse is the one stupid cunt that doesn't even notice the issues!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Lord View Post
    asked me to do it at stromlo carpark the fuckin twat.

  9. #9
    Senior Member The Duckmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carrum Downs, Vic.
    Posts
    3,769

    Default

    Good-o.
    Just ride the bloody thing and enjoy yourself!

    I build wheels... :wink:

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moorey View Post
    Some older fox have a pin to make 80/100 or 100/120. Duck will know if you have serial number.
    I have a 32 evolution which i upgraded with a Fit 4 damper. The damper will handle the extra travel but the air shaft is non adjustable. I have a feeling my Factory 32 has an adjustable air shaft but not sure the damper will have enough travel. It is an older Fit damper (not fit 4). I'll have to check it out next time i drop the lowers.

    This maybe a silly questionbut are the stanchions and lowers different lengths for different models? I was told by Cyclinic that my forks can't be lengthened. I didnt give specific numbers!
    Quote Originally Posted by pink poodle View Post
    And even worse is the one stupid cunt that doesn't even notice the issues!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Lord View Post
    asked me to do it at stromlo carpark the fuckin twat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •