Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunrace Cassettes

Default Sunrace Cassettes

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has been using these for a while and how its held up?
    There's quite a bit of info on how they are just after they're installed but I'm more curious about med-long term.

In particular the 11-46t 11 speed cassette.

I'm tossing up between this and the 11-42t XT.
    Will be using an XT mech, XTR shifter, XT chain and Raceface NW 32t chainring.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdbboy View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has been using these for a while and how its held up?
    There's quite a bit of info on how they are just after they're installed but I'm more curious about med-long term.

In particular the 11-46t 11 speed cassette.

I'm tossing up between this and the 11-42t XT.
    Will be using an XT mech, XTR shifter, XT chain and Raceface NW 32t chainring.

Cheers.
    Send a pm to mittagongben - he's running one on his current steed and seems to dig it.

I just put one on and it feels as good as anything from Shimano. I can't comment on longevity though.. but I'm guessing it's going to be similar to any Shimano cassette I've had (XT, SLX etc)..

ive been using the 10spd 11-40 for a while, no probs, its the xt shifter & derailleur I have problems with -seem to adjust it 5x more often than sram
    Cotic BFe[gone to oldest], old Yeti as-r[retired], focus CX,Lapierre xr529

I've had the 11/40 sunrace on my CX bike for thousands of k's. Still looks like new, very impressed.

I wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned about longevity or quality of the larger ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideate View Post
    I just put one on and it feels as good as anything from Shimano. I can't comment on longevity though.. but I'm guessing it's going to be similar to any Shimano cassette I've had (XT, SLX etc)..
    Ah sweet. Was this the 11-46t one?

Some places I read that a goatlink is recommended when going above 42t and others have no issues with it on the stock XT rear mech setup.
    Wolftooth lists % gains when using the Goatlink but it means nothing to me as I don't know enough to understand it to say whether it's real or marketing voodoo.

No the goat link does help. I'm still using one from the days of the 42t extender cogs.

Although I'm using a 40t sunrace cassette to keep my shifting nice and crisp. I still use a 22t up front (no derailleur though, just use my hand).. So I don't need a ridiculously big cassette on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Hale View Post
    ive been using the 10spd 11-40 for a while, no probs, its the xt shifter & derailleur I have problems with -seem to adjust it 5x more often than sram
    I'm running 10sp too with an 11-42 sunrace. I've fitted an 11sp M8000 rear derailleur and it shifts sweet throughout the whole range.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Hale View Post
    That'd mostly be because the XT 10-sp. derailleur is officially rated to 36T max.
    Just ride the bloody thing and enjoy yourself!

I build wheels... :wink:

99 Bikes has XT 11sp 11-42 for $99

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast