Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike Rack Market Research

Default Bike Rack Market Research

Hey guys,

Hoping some of you might be able to help me out with a few seconds of your time. I need to do some market research on the bike rack market. There's only 6 basic questions on what your ideal bike rack would be and NO contact details are asked. It would be much appreciated!

The link is here:
    https://goo.gl/forms/r8RxjOvktxnS20O02

Admins let me know if this is not allowed and I'll delete it.

Thanks a lot,
    Tom.

Are you able to tell us why you need it/what it will be used for?
    Be careful with that, it was new once.

There's a massive bike rack thread on this forum where you should find most of what you need

Quote Originally Posted by schred View Post
    Are you able to tell us why you need it/what it will be used for?
    I'm guessing it's got something to do with the following:

We are currently developing a new bike rack and would like to determine the most important aspects to focus on in the design stage.

Pretty open about it. I just completed it.

Good luck with it ... good to see locals being entrepreneurial

Note, I was prolly a little tight with the cost ... $150AUD
    I like this style of rack personally => Roam fixed: Q Spear: Jetblack use to have a Roam rack ... Torp 7 has a similar one ... paid $149 + shipping http://www.roamindustries.co.nz/page...d_Accessories/

I'm fine with surveys like this, good to be able to inform future designs.

I filled it in but would also suggest you trawl through the dedicated rack thread here for more detailed feedback.
    Respect the Mountain. Ride the Bull. Feel the Flow.

Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver, hifiandmtb, yogibear, scblack, NoSkidMarks/Crankin, oliosky, dolphinman, binner, iUDEX_nCr, Psimpson7, nickg78, DillonRib, Squims.

Thanks a lot guys its really helpful so far, the responses fit really well with what I expected.

As has been mentioned I am working on developing a bike rack here in Melbourne as I cannot find any that are available that I am happy with. I am hesitant to say that it is for a commercial purpose since I am not a sponsor of the forum (as there is no business/product to advertise yet) and don't want it to come across as advertising. For this reason I didn't mention the brand/product name or ask for contact details.

I am trying to design this to be the best bike rack available and have been searching for months trying to find the best designs/ideas. I am up to my 12th design but I think I have settled on two final designs. I just wanted to spend some time making sure that they fit other peoples expectations instead of just my own.

The first rack is a vertical, hanging style rack which is ideal for shuttle days, and shorter mountain biking trips where you need to put a lot of bikes on and off very quickly. It will hold up to 5 bikes with wheels from 24-29" with no adjustment required.

The second is a tray style rack which is ideal for longer trips like camping and caravaning where the bike requires more secure mounting and more protection. It will hold up to 4 bikes with any wheel size. This style will also allow for roof rack mounting.

It'd be great to hear any input/suggestions from the community so any comments on any aspect would be much appreciated. I am happy to post more details and discuss further as long as it is welcome here.

Thanks a lot,
    Tom.

Hi Tom, just make sure both racks have the wheels well away from exhaust trail. I've seen quite a few melted carbon rims and rooted tyres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    like any group there are extremist fringe elements who are willing to commit atrocities in the name of their particular skewed beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by moorey View Post
    Dr Moore loves his current Alpine..and his 5 other Oranges

Quote Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
    Hi Tom, just make sure both racks have the wheels well away from exhaust trail. I've seen quite a few melted carbon rims and rooted tyres.
    I have never even considered that! I don't think it'll be a problem on either rack though. The hanging rack has a channel that the rear wheel sits into which should block plenty of heat and the tray rack the bike can be moved side to side. If all else fails the tongue can be swapped for a raised or extended piece too.

Quote Originally Posted by motas View Post
    I have never even considered that! I don't think it'll be a problem on either rack though. The hanging rack has a channel that the rear wheel sits into which should block plenty of heat and the tray rack the bike can be moved side to side. If all else fails the tongue can be swapped for a raised or extended piece too.
    Channel will heat up too you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    like any group there are extremist fringe elements who are willing to commit atrocities in the name of their particular skewed beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by moorey View Post
    Dr Moore loves his current Alpine..and his 5 other Oranges

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast