Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums

Thread: BB replacement - XTR or XT?

Question BB replacement - XTR or XT?

The last time I did the bottom bracket (std screw in cups) - the collective opinion here was that the XTR cups had better seals so it was worth more $.
    The XTR BB has lasted well, through mud and salty sand... but it is starting to tighten up and it is now replacement time.

So, has the collective opinion changed in past 4 years? Have the better seals trickled down to the new XT-MT800 BB or should I spend twice the $ and go for the XTR (BB93)?

- Carpetrunner

XT. If you must take the coin operated option then go Hope and you'll be able to re-use the cups.

Quote Originally Posted by silentbutdeadly View Post
    XT. If you must take the coin operated option then go Hope and you'll be able to re-use the cups.
    Even though the replacement bearings cost as much as an XT BB.
    Hope are nice, only got one, had it for years. My XT last just as long and feel just as nice.
    Like he says, go XT.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    Think I'll just buy an Orange!

Was just chatting bb's recently. Current bike came with XT, i replaced the bb at the start of this year with XTR. No idea if its any better, anyhow back to recent discussions and i was advised next time check out Enduro bottom brackets before going XTR again. Never heard of them, keen to hear if anyone here has any experience with this brand. V's XT/XTR?...

Travis.

Edited to add: So right after reading this thead i see the nexf thead talking about bottom brackets too, and another new to me brand is mentioned, Wheels Mfg... Hmm so perhaps another option?
    Last edited by Travis22; 18-06-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Wheels Mfg are great BB's (I've got two) and some of their models use Enduro angular contact bearings but for a simple screw in BB for Shimano...XT is the best value.