Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feedback on evil the calling?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_hANky View Post
    Anyone can keep a frame clean and shiny. Doesn't mean it hasn't had the shit ridden out of it.
    Less than 300km on this bike and the owner is very careful with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake Jake View Post
    My experience has been great. But as with every brand there are the bad stories that stand more than the good ones. Hopefully there's a reasonable outcome.
    I think the LBS have copped it and exchanged the frame for another brand. Mate doesnt want to deal with Evil anymore - they wont even reply to his emails.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
    Good luck with getting it resolved. What's the next step with them? Are they at least open to discussion or is it a great big get stuffed and we've got your money?
    As far as i know, it was a 'great big get stuffed we've got your money.' Lucky LBS was good enough to swap it for another branded frame.

Quote Originally Posted by MRO View Post
    As far as i know, it was a 'great big get stuffed we've got your money.' Lucky LBS was good enough to swap it for another branded frame.
    That's a decent outcome, and it shows again how some LBS are supportive and customer focussed. They don't get enough credit in many cases.

For me, the LBS relationship and brand / manufacturer warranty are among my top selection criteria.

Considering evil bikes are what I though we're very mail order I am quite surprised about the local bike shop bit.... I am very interested in this as a replacement for my 09 commencal meta55 is in the brain... I am in very keen on a Dave weagle design,

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)

Quote Originally Posted by MRO View Post
    Less than 300km on this bike and the owner is very careful with it.
    Its not a road bike. The amount of KM's mean nothing on a mountain bike. It could have been 300km's of the roughest trails you can ride which.

Quote Originally Posted by haulrs View Post
    Considering evil bikes are what I though we're very mail order I am quite surprised about the local bike shop bit.... I am very interested in this as a replacement for my 09 commencal meta55 is in the brain... I am in very keen on a Dave weagle design,

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)
    I believe there is a distribution model as I get posts from Defcon Cycles in Brisbane - there was one recently which offered $500.00 off current models

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_hANky View Post
    Its not a road bike. The amount of KM's mean nothing on a mountain bike. It could have been 300km's of the roughest trails you can ride which.
    The key part here is "the owner is very careful with it". Its a mtb and a high end one at that. Unless it is outright abused or crashed, it should survive riding the roughest trails without cracking. Goes back to what they said in the interview, that their R&D is based on theoretical computer modelling. They don't test their frames to destruction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123