Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums

Thread: Fox Talas 32 R rebound adjuster knob fell out.

Default Fox Talas 32 R rebound adjuster knob fell out.

Hi Guys,

I just bought a pair of Fox Talas 32 R rebound forks on Ebay. They're the ones that you can change the travel from 100-120-140 mm. When I was hammering in the Star Nut the red rebound knob on the top of the right fork fell out. It has a small hex bolt that is still bolted into about 5 mm of aluminium and I can't tell whether it's snapped off or if that's how it's supposed to be.

I am able "click" the rebound knob back in as it has a piece of wire in the top of the fork that holds it in place and it "clicks" when I turn it however it keeps turning and doesn't stop at either a maximum or minimum setting. Also when I turn it it doesn't seem to adjust the rebound.

I've tried googling for a diagram without success. Does anyone know what the rebound knob should be screwing in to and therefore whether it has snapped or if it hasn't snapped how I can get the rebound adjustments to take effect.

thanks,
    John

Sounds like the rebound shaft is snapped, you won't be able to get the rebound to adjust unless you get a new shaft

cheers, do you think that would be expensive including installation? I wouldn't be confident doing it myself.

I'm not sure where you're located but drop Simon @ MTB Suspension Centre a line, he helped me out with some missing parts I had on a pair of Fox forks, website https://www.mtbsuspension.com.au/