Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike Servicing Chinese Carbon Frame?

Default Bike Servicing Chinese Carbon Frame?

Hey Guys,

Just looking into buying bike with Chinese Carbon frame but all legit components.

Has anyone had any issues with LBS and getting bikes services when have a carbon frame, just been researching on the web and some people say some LBS arent servicing their bikes due to having non branded frames.

any feedback welcome.

Cheers

most lbs i know are fine -there are a couple of nose in th air types just avoid them. i think shops make most income from servicing, not from sales [due to internet ] so thats where the money should be for them
    Cotic BFe[gone to oldest], old Yeti as-r[retired], focus CX,Lapierre xr529

Vealcake

If they won't do the service tell them to get rooted, you don't need to deal with wankers like that. Probably shit mechanics as well. Snob pricks

If an LBS said they wouldn't service a bike due to the brand..... I'd tell them to go and eat a big fat bag of dicks.

Majority of carbon frames are made in China anyway.......

Better still.... learn to service your own bike.....

Yeah cool thanks guys, thats what i was thinking as well.

Also, i dont mind tinkering with my bikes so doing most of the work myself isnt such as issue, just was thinking on the off chance i am stuck for time or something does does wrong i have some support.

Cheers

Sound like a right bunch of snobbish wankers. Go in there and ask them what exactly what part of a frame you service? At the end of the day bikes are a comprised of a bunch of serviceable components fitted to a frame!

I can see why some LBS will not touch them as I've owned one myself. The import frames are sometimes hard to get any info on torque values and repair procedures, parts like pivot pins are near impossible to get and you need to get online and spend hours cross referencing parts with aftermarket ones. When the parts are available it can take months on end to get them here.

It shouldn't be all that hard to do a basic service on one but outside of that they might run into problems. You need to ask your shop first before purchase because they will be the ones dealing with it. A hard tail frame is less problematic than a dual susp type frame for the obvious reasons that I stated above.

I will suggest that you get a couple of spare derailleur hangers for it, if you decide to go through with it.
    Last edited by Flow-Rider; 27-06-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    "To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." ~Aristotle.

Maybe try and find one that states on their website 'Services all makes and models" if think you may encounter a w4nker shop.

Sorry stupid question but:

Are you building this bike up yourself? I'm just confused because it's weird that you plan to build up a Chinese frame bike but don't want to service it yourself. Am I missing something?

*Edit, oh right just re-read. Looks like you are buying a bike already built up. Carry on :D

Even know a local wheelbuilder who refuses to build Chinese carbon wheels. A bit strange as Nextie wheels are getting pretty mainstream.

Its a case of adapt and change, don't fight the market or your business might suffer.

Evil Following
    Indy Fab Deluxe 29
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    Pivot Vault CX
    Fat SingleSpeed
    Cervelo R3 Disc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast