Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ks lev integra help

Default Ks lev integra help

So I have figured out I have been riding around for years with my saddle to low. So I have adjusted the hight of my post but now my dropper goes down an inch or so when seated. Any one have any ideas on a easy solution. I have played around with the barrel adjuster but hasn't helped at all.
    Any help would be great cheers

Haven't tightened up the seatpost clamp way too tight? Does it work out of the frame?

Hey mate time to service the seat post and it may well be buggered. I've had 3 Ks Lev Integra's and that's usually a sign that it's time to get it serviced.

Service is probably a good idea. I don't think it has ever been set up properly since buying the bike the remote was always sloppy. I thought pulling the post further out of the frame may of just put more tension on the wire activating it or something

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_moo85 View Post
    Service is probably a good idea. I don't think it has ever been set up properly since buying the bike the remote was always sloppy. I thought pulling the post further out of the frame may of just put more tension on the wire activating it or something
    The cable outer is fixed at both ends so the cable doest change length (or tension) if you move the post further out of the frame.
    If the post drops a little under your body weight, then it needs a service. If the cable is sloppy, chance are it will either not activate to drop (most likely) or will drop all the way without the lever pressed.

Contact Al (herfherder on here) and he'll look after you.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_moo85 View Post
    You might just need to feed a little bit more of the cable housing through. If you don't feed the same length of housing through as you have moved the post up then you will have added tension to the cable, and probably more than the barrel adjuster can handle.

Edit: I just read the JT's post and if the housing is fixed then this will not help. On my previous and current cable posts (X-Fusion Strate and Brand X Ascend) the cable housing is not fixed, but just sits in a recess that it can easily pull out of if you move the post too high.
    Last edited by TheAzza; 08-07-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Where r u located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They r a piece of piss to service, hopefully it's not a buggered piston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    The cable outer is fixed at both ends so the cable doest change length (or tension) if you move the post further out of the frame.
    If the post drops a little under your body weight, then it needs a service. If the cable is sloppy, chance are it will either not activate to drop (most likely) or will drop all the way without the lever pressed.

Contact Al (herfherder on here) and he'll look after you.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAzza View Post
    You might just need to feed a little bit more of the cable housing through. If you don't feed the same length of housing through as you have moved the post up then you will have added tension to the cable, and probably more than the barrel adjuster can handle.

Edit: I just read the JT's post and if the housing is fixed then this will not help. On my previous and current cable posts (X-Fusion Strate and Brand X Ascend) the cable housing is not fixed, but just sits in a recess that it can easily pull out of if you move the post too high.
    Unless the cable outer is caught on something
    Focus Spine Factory C- X01- Pikes
    Soma 650B-Side - X9 1x10 -Revelation RL
    Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0- Ultegra 6870 + R785's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast