Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Menai (Lucas Heights) MTB Park

Default Menai (Lucas Heights) MTB Park

First time checking out these trails and all I can say bravo to the trail builders. Wish we had something like this on the North Side. Cheers!

Youtube:

Vimeo:

It's a nice little trail network there that the builders have put a lot of care and maintenance into.

Nice little video too..... gimbal videos are just so easy to watch without feeling seasick!!!!
    I was waiting to see if either of you cleared the little double at the end of black hawk down tho......!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    It's a nice little trail network there that the builders have put a lot of care and maintenance into.

Nice little video too..... gimbal videos are just so easy to watch without feeling seasick!!!!
    I was waiting to see if either of you cleared the little double at the end of black hawk down tho......!!!
    Thanks! Re: Black Hawk Down - we ran out of energy and talent by that point, but mostly talent!

However, I do note that your tyres broke contact with the ground numerous times, Squid.

You've changed, man.
    Respect the Mountain. Ride the Bull. Feel the Flow.

Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver, hifiandmtb, yogibear, scblack, NoSkidMarks/Crankin. oliosky, dolphinman, binner, iUDEX_nCr, Psimpson7. nickg78

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    However, I do note that your tyres broke contact with the ground numerous times, Squid.

You've changed, man.
    I thought I kept it pretty low and (wanabe) pro ;)

Done 5 laps of this little loop yesterday after work, such an awesome section of trail to session. Props to the builders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clinically Inane

Nice vid. I have trouble interpreting this type of footage sometimes, a chunk of the ride looks like your coasting up hill! What are the trails here like? Steep? Jumps? Xc? Gravity? Comparable to neverbeen? I like to find new places to ride.

Xc. Pretty flat mostly. Good fun, but you need a car to get there, riding from sutherland is pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    I rode Newtown, before it was cool.

Clinically Inane

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Lord View Post
    Xc. Pretty flat mostly. Good fun, but you need a car to get there, riding from sutherland is pretty average.
    Cheers for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by pink poodle View Post
    Nice vid. I have trouble interpreting this type of footage sometimes, a chunk of the ride looks like your coasting up hill! What are the trails here like? Steep? Jumps? Xc? Gravity? Comparable to neverbeen? I like to find new places to ride.
    Relatively flat. We ended up doing 548m elevation over 33kms which also includes the commute from the car park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast