Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Menai (Lucas Heights) MTB Park

Quote Originally Posted by pink poodle View Post
    Nice vid. I have trouble interpreting this type of footage sometimes, a chunk of the ride looks like your coasting up hill! What are the trails here like? Steep? Jumps? Xc? Gravity? Comparable to neverbeen? I like to find new places to ride.
    For me the gimble takes away the shudder but it also takes away the contours of the trail. Sometimes the rider will be going over a rocky section or even a jump and you can't really tell.
    Respect the Mountain. Ride the Bull. Feel the Flow.

Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver, hifiandmtb, yogibear, scblack, NoSkidMarks/Crankin, oliosky, dolphinman, binner, iUDEX_nCr, Psimpson7, nickg78, DillonRib, Squims.

Clinically Inane

Quote Originally Posted by Squidly Didly View Post
    Relatively flat. We ended up doing 548m elevation over 33kms which also includes the commute from the car park.
    Thanks for the info. This doesn't sound like I'll be making the trip. I note your location. Your local turf likely includes the few parts of Sydney I currently ride. I'm not so good at those climbs though!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    For me the gimble takes away the shudder but it also takes away the contours of the trail. Sometimes the rider will be going over a rocky section or even a jump and you can't really tell.
    Do you ever watch any snow sports videos? It is even worse, kind of obvious i guess as there is a lot less contours etc to be seen in a glared out white field covered in white cloud...the gimbal footage is a lot easier to watch. All that shuddering gone is a nice thing.

did you enjoy the smell

its vertically challenged, but has got character in my biased opinion.

Next trail, pending approval, is in some nicer but toxic bush in the true spirit of 'Pimp Your Tip for MTB'

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Agreed. I'm going to try and aim the stabilizer down a tad for the next one as there wasn't enough handlebar rattle in this position.

Quote Originally Posted by pink poodle View Post
    Thanks for the info. This doesn't sound like I'll be making the trip. I note your location. Your local turf likely includes the few parts of Sydney I currently ride. I'm not so good at those climbs though!
    Our local does have rougher and more gravity oriented terrain but it was a very nice change to be able to get a spin in without steep climbs or boring fireroads. I recommend checking it at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
    did you enjoy the smell

its vertically challenged, but has got character in my biased opinion.

Next trail, pending approval, is in some nicer but toxic bush in the true spirit of 'Pimp Your Tip for MTB'
    I enjoyed it (the smell, not so much). The only bits we found awkward were when we missed the signs and went the wrong way up "one way" trails. Will definitely be back!

Clinically Inane

Ok...I won't write it off, but I won't rush out there either. I don't need steep Downs to have fun and I see jumps and berms (that'll keep me happy) and I'm happy to avoid climbs! The one near the lake is a fucking killer. Maybe I hop off and push a little...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12