Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums

Thread: Trek's 2018 Mountain Bikes Feature Shocks Unlike Anything You've Seen Before

BulkNews Bot

Default Trek's 2018 Mountain Bikes Feature Shocks Unlike Anything You've Seen Before

http://feeds.vitalmtb.com/~r/VitalMt...en-Before,1868

All your questions answered about Trek's unique Thru Shaft shock technology. more »

More...

Buy a bike that comes with this shock set up and have your range of shocks that you can mount on the bike severely limited.

I love my Trek but would not have bought it if I'd understood how limiting their proprietary standards were.
    Respect the Mountain. Ride the Bull. Feel the Flow.

Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver, hifiandmtb, yogibear, scblack, NoSkidMarks/Crankin. oliosky, dolphinman, binner, iUDEX_nCr, Psimpson7. nickg78

Could be wrong but I thought from 2017 on the proprietary nature of what shock you could mount changed

Maybe but that looks like a trunion style mount and very few systems accommodate. Although, if you can get the right bushings it would work and as long as the lengths aren't bizarre misfits like the 2013 Remedy is.
    Respect the Mountain. Ride the Bull. Feel the Flow.

Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver, hifiandmtb, yogibear, scblack, NoSkidMarks/Crankin. oliosky, dolphinman, binner, iUDEX_nCr, Psimpson7. nickg78

Bike companies seem to be going with the propriety parts these days. I stopped on a hill after a climb and looked over at a mates new Scott Spark and noticed the stem spacers looked to be an odd shape to fit that stem design.
    "To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." ~Aristotle.