Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums

Thread: Interesting brake mod

Default Interesting brake mod

I've recently been reading through lots of forums on Hope brakes (I'm looking to trick mine out a tad) and found this kinda groovy mod. Not sure it's entirely necessary though if I had the tools I'd probably do it;)

IMG_1940.JPG

Here's the forum topic link; http://forums.mtbr.com/brake-time/sh...r-1014414.html
    I like turtles!

very cool mod. it shits me centering calipers, takes way more effort then it should
    Hitler parody Only fools and people in power refuse to change their views to match reality

I like that.

Doesn't help the main issue I see - adjusting Avid callipers with the two sets of conical washers (one under the adaptor and the other under the calliper) on 200mm front rotors. Do guides come with this setup? Please no.

Quote Originally Posted by c3024446 View Post
    I like that.

Doesn't help the main issue I see - adjusting Avid callipers with the two sets of conical washers (one under the adaptor and the other under the calliper) on 200mm front rotors. Do guides come with this setup? Please no.
    Conical washer setup belongs in the bin
    Hitler parody Only fools and people in power refuse to change their views to match reality

Quote Originally Posted by c3024446 View Post
    I like that.

No guides don't come with that set up.... just as well.... coz its shit.

Avid BB7 whilst being powerful cable brakes were the shittest thing ever do to their mounting and centering setup.
    Respect the Mountain. Ride the Bull. Feel the Flow.

Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver, hifiandmtb, yogibear, scblack, NoSkidMarks/Crankin, oliosky, dolphinman, binner, iUDEX_nCr, Psimpson7, nickg78, DillonRib, Squims.