Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums

Thread: Re-valving RS Monarch Plus RC3

Default Re-valving RS Monarch Plus RC3

Hey Burners,
    So im tossing up either Revalving by Stock RS Monarch + on my wrecker, or just waiting and then splurging on a Push 11.6
    Does anyone have any experience with revalving there Monarch Plus'. If so did u notice any improvement.
    Im finding mine is great until it gets fast then it starts to feel a little unbalanced with the fork on the bigger faster hits.

Thanks Lads

If you had choice of both definitely 11.6

Thanks Tek, The 11.6 looks like the mother of all shocks.

2 completely different feels and budgets.
    11.6 comes customer tuned for suspension characteristics, Rider Weight and style. All at a premium cost but the bottomless feel of a coil.

Monarch plus will never feel as plush, but a custom tune will help.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    ...Im finding mine is great until it gets fast then it starts to feel a little unbalanced with the fork on the bigger faster hits...
    In what way? Is it kicking you in the arse (too little rebound) or packing down (too much rebound damping)? Is it harsh on the first big hit (too much comp damping/platform or pressure) or is it bottoming harshly (too little pressure, too little comp damping)? Best approach will be to find a section of track where its doing this and get a mate to video you. Try to get some high frame rate video so you can slow it down and take a look frame by frame.

How much sag experimentation / clicker twiddling have you done on the shock? There's many things that need to be tried before going down the revalve path. Indeed, trying them is the only way to be able to give your suspension tuner the information they need to revalve it for you.

If you want to revalve it yourself I can probably give you some guidance but I'll need to know the current shim stack in the shock and what its doing wrong.
    Wanted: broken 10 speed XTR rear derailleur

Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    2 completely different feels and budgets.
    11.6 comes customer tuned for suspension characteristics, Rider Weight and style. All at a premium cost but the bottomless feel of a coil.

Monarch plus will never feel as plush, but a custom tune will help.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Ive heard the push requires less servicing as well, which is a big +, But the cost for it is immense

Quote Originally Posted by SummitFever View Post
    In what way? Is it kicking you in the arse (too little rebound) or packing down (too much rebound damping)? Is it harsh on the first big hit (too much comp damping/platform or pressure) or is it bottoming harshly (too little pressure, too little comp damping)? Best approach will be to find a section of track where its doing this and get a mate to video you. Try to get some high frame rate video so you can slow it down and take a look frame by frame.

How much sag experimentation / clicker twiddling have you done on the shock? There's many things that need to be tried before going down the revalve path. Indeed, trying them is the only way to be able to give your suspension tuner the information they need to revalve it for you.

If you want to revalve it yourself I can probably give you some guidance but I'll need to know the current shim stack in the shock and what its doing wrong.
    Im finding that over repeated hits, it packs in, and if i adjust the rebound the bike starts to rear up a little more than id like. and the monarch has no HSC adjustment to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    Im finding that over repeated hits, it packs in, and if i adjust the rebound the bike starts to rear up a little more than id like. and the monarch has no HSC adjustment to fix it.
    Neither does the Monarch Plus!

If you want an adjustable air shock, Vivid air would be more suitable. Also look at the Fox Float X2. High and low speed compression and rebound that you can tinker with to your hearts content.

A Monarch Plus and Push 11.6 are 2 shocks you cannot compare with each other.... apples with apples and all that.