Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MRP Ramp control

Default MRP Ramp control

Anyone running one? I'm presently running an RCT3 pike with 2 tokens and wondering if it's worth the $200 to get one? If this has been discussed can someone point me to the thread as the search engine gave me nada...

Never mind the question, they're only for solo air forks....

How much do you use the DPA?
    GK3

Quote Originally Posted by shmity View Post
    How much do you use the DPA?
    Never. I always leave at 160mm

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Never. I always leave at 160mm
    Is it worth your trouble to swap to a SA? opens up a bunch more options for tuning the spring rate (mrp which is just on the fly token adjustment really, luftkappe, AWK etc)

Otherwise theres a few coil conversions getting around these days for a similar amount of coin? The TF Tuned one will run in DPA or SA forks.
    GK3

Is it worth your trouble to swap to a SA? opens up a bunch more options for tuning the spring rate (mrp which is just on the fly token adjustment really, luftkappe, AWK etc)

Otherwise theres a few coil conversions getting around these days for a similar amount of coin? The TF Tuned one will run in DPA or SA forks.
    Could be. It's certainly food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Could be. It's certainly food for thought.

Mate I hated my Pike DP partly because I was stuck with no upgrade option for the air spring. Coil was out of the question as it would be irreversible. Also I never used the lower travel setting.

Ended up getting a DVO Diamond and am rapt it also fixed several other issues I was having with the Pike.

Ask yourself do you want to pay for a Solo which really doesn't give you anything more but an air spring upgrade option.

Quote Originally Posted by teK-- View Post
    Mate I hated my Pike DP partly because I was stuck with no upgrade option for the air spring. Coil was out of the question as it would be irreversible. Also I never used the lower travel setting.

Ended up getting a DVO Diamond and am rapt it also fixed several other issues I was having with the Pike.

Ask yourself do you want to pay for a Solo which really doesn't give you anything more but an air spring upgrade option.
    Look I mean, if were talking about total fork upgrades, the mattoc is a worthy contender at almost half the price of the diamond as well.
    GK3

Quote Originally Posted by teK-- View Post

It's certainly not worth changing it to a solo that's for sure. Just a shame there is so limited options for the DP like you say.

Look I mean, if were talking about total fork upgrades, the mattoc is a worthy contender at almost half the price of the diamond as well.
    I'm happy enough with it to not warrant a complete fork change and the coil spring is a no go for the reason that Tek said. I'll save my money for a bike upgrade in a couple of years instead....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast