Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: MRP Ramp control

  1. #1
    Top Bloke DMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    2,785

    Default MRP Ramp control

    Anyone running one? I'm presently running an RCT3 pike with 2 tokens and wondering if it's worth the $200 to get one? If this has been discussed can someone point me to the thread as the search engine gave me nada...

  2. #2
    Top Bloke DMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Never mind the question, they're only for solo air forks....

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    How much do you use the DPA?
    GK3

  4. #4
    Top Bloke DMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shmity View Post
    How much do you use the DPA?
    Never. I always leave at 160mm

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Never. I always leave at 160mm
    Is it worth your trouble to swap to a SA? opens up a bunch more options for tuning the spring rate (mrp which is just on the fly token adjustment really, luftkappe, AWK etc)

    Otherwise theres a few coil conversions getting around these days for a similar amount of coin? The TF Tuned one will run in DPA or SA forks.
    GK3

  6. #6
    Top Bloke DMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shmity View Post
    Is it worth your trouble to swap to a SA? opens up a bunch more options for tuning the spring rate (mrp which is just on the fly token adjustment really, luftkappe, AWK etc)

    Otherwise theres a few coil conversions getting around these days for a similar amount of coin? The TF Tuned one will run in DPA or SA forks.
    Could be. It's certainly food for thought.

  7. #7
    Senior Member teK--'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Could be. It's certainly food for thought.

    Mate I hated my Pike DP partly because I was stuck with no upgrade option for the air spring. Coil was out of the question as it would be irreversible. Also I never used the lower travel setting.

    Ended up getting a DVO Diamond and am rapt it also fixed several other issues I was having with the Pike.

    Ask yourself do you want to pay for a Solo which really doesn't give you anything more but an air spring upgrade option.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teK-- View Post
    Mate I hated my Pike DP partly because I was stuck with no upgrade option for the air spring. Coil was out of the question as it would be irreversible. Also I never used the lower travel setting.

    Ended up getting a DVO Diamond and am rapt it also fixed several other issues I was having with the Pike.

    Ask yourself do you want to pay for a Solo which really doesn't give you anything more but an air spring upgrade option.
    Look I mean, if were talking about total fork upgrades, the mattoc is a worthy contender at almost half the price of the diamond as well.
    GK3

  9. #9
    Top Bloke DMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teK-- View Post
    Mate I hated my Pike DP partly because I was stuck with no upgrade option for the air spring. Coil was out of the question as it would be irreversible. Also I never used the lower travel setting.

    Ended up getting a DVO Diamond and am rapt it also fixed several other issues I was having with the Pike.

    Ask yourself do you want to pay for a Solo which really doesn't give you anything more but an air spring upgrade option.
    It's certainly not worth changing it to a solo that's for sure. Just a shame there is so limited options for the DP like you say.

  10. #10
    Top Bloke DMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shmity View Post
    Look I mean, if were talking about total fork upgrades, the mattoc is a worthy contender at almost half the price of the diamond as well.
    I'm happy enough with it to not warrant a complete fork change and the coil spring is a no go for the reason that Tek said. I'll save my money for a bike upgrade in a couple of years instead....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •