Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums

Thread: Tall/wide bars/stem recommendations for a bmx rider transitioning to downhill

Default Tall/wide bars/stem recommendations for a bmx rider transitioning to downhill

Hi all,
    Today I picked myself up a stock as a rock 08 Specialized Bighit today for a good price, in the hopes to get out with some mates that have been riding dh for a while. Being a long time bmx rider where everything is about tall and wide bars these days, i noticed instantly just how narrow and sorta low the stock bars/stem setup feels on this bike. Not sure on the exact specs of the stock parts (specialized rise bars and truvativ holzfeller stem), but im hoping to go for a wider taller setup to help transition from the bmx.
    Anyone have any suggestions on setups to go for?
    Attached photo is the bike
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Successful trades with: FoxRidersCo, Philfbm, Hansen, No_Skid_Marks, Thom_H, Hellyeah, Kirbs, suG, nick_sixx, alex22, rhysrhysbaby, Del, Ror
    and more.

Spank make an 800mm wide 50mm rise bar that is usually pretty cheap on Chain reaction. you can get 785mm wide 40mm rise for $50 + postage. Plenty of options under $100.

Beaten to the punch!
    I was about to suggest the Spike 800 bar in 50mm rise! Haha.
    If I rode a fixie and nobody saw it, was it still cool?

Cheers guys, 2 suggestions for the same bars seem like pretty good odds to me. Chain reaction didnt really have the colour/size choice i wanted but ordered the spank bars and also a stem from pushys. Hopefully be here early next week so i can start setting this bike up to suit me
    Successful trades with: FoxRidersCo, Philfbm, Hansen, No_Skid_Marks, Thom_H, Hellyeah, Kirbs, suG, nick_sixx, alex22, rhysrhysbaby, Del, Ror
    and more.