Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best reservoir style floor pump for tubeless?

Default Best reservoir style floor pump for tubeless?

Since my compressor has broken down I'm getting heartily sick of driving to a service station every time I need to change (tubeless) tyres. I'm not going to buy another compressor as I find them noisy and too bulky to be portable. Does anyone have any recommendations on "the best" reservoir style floor pump that will guarantee hassle free tubeless installs? It's relatively new technology and it's hard to know where to start with several brands out there, all claiming to be amazing (often at a rather high price point). I'd like to hear reviews from a user perspective.
    safreek: if I want an arse pounding I will go to the correct toilet block

Maybe not helpful but I've been able to get all my tubeless tyres up and running just with a normal floor pump, no reservoir or soap involved. I have to pump pretty hard, of course but it's worked everytime without fail. If you've got a floor pump, and haven't tried yet, just give it a crack as you might save some $$$ doing without a reservoir.
    MADE OUT OF CHROME

Successful trades: Nick Z, Rhyno, Naz, RCOH, Parallax, Carlin, Stylinruss, Cave Dweller, Inverted, Teamshore03, Stooge, I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11, Benana, -Davo, Grover, Drop in Drew, cleeshoy, Bevsta, Daver, hifiandmtb, yogibear, scblack, NoSkidMarks/Crankin, oliosky, dolphinman, binner, iUDEX_nCr, Psimpson7, nickg78, DillonRib, Squims.

Also not helpful most likely. But i have had 100% sucess rate using the coke bottle method. Just 2 tubeless valves and gaffa tape the bottle. Pump it to 85 psi and good to go.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Mywifesirrational's Avatar

airshot or the swchwalbe licensed version, if you already have a floor pump.
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrod839 View Post
    All three were not wearing neckbraces and its all most impossible to determine if paul and sams outcomes would of being different if they were wearing one.
    Agree completely, there is no evidence!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Maybe not helpful but I've been able to get all my tubeless tyres up and running just with a normal floor pump, no reservoir or soap involved. I have to pump pretty hard, of course but it's worked everytime without fail. If you've got a floor pump, and haven't tried yet, just give it a crack as you might save some $$$ doing without a reservoir.
    Yep, I've had quite a bit of success with this method, in fact I went for over a year without using my compressor at all. Now, when I do everything exactly the same, damn things just won't seat with the same pump, no matter how hard I pump. I blame the tyres...

Quote Originally Posted by pattieslol View Post
    Also not helpful most likely. But i have had 100% sucess rate using the coke bottle method. Just 2 tubeless valves and gaffa tape the bottle. Pump it to 85 psi and good to go.

I've never heard of that one before! I'm finding it hard to visualise, do you have any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Mywifesirrational View Post
    airshot or the swchwalbe licensed version, if you already have a floor pump.
    Thanks, makes perfect sense to have a canister that can be pumped up to high pressure using a floor pump.

I wonder if there is any way I can pump up my dead compressor reservoir in the same fashion? Might take a while, with the large volume.

Have one valve with the core removed and fish pump hose tapped on. Chuck other end of the hose onto my wheel and pump the bottle to 85 psi, let go of the bull dog clip while holding end of the hose onto the valve and enjoy the seating sound. Ill try find the video of the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by pattieslol View Post
    Have one valve with the core removed and fish pump hose tapped on. Chuck other end of the hose onto my wheel and pump the bottle to 85 psi, let go of the bull dog clip while holding end of the hose onto the valve and enjoy the seating sound. Ill try find the video of the idea.

Wow, what an awesome DIY mod! Might have to give that a try. I'm surprised the coke bottle holds 85psi without exploding.

I'm now thinking of all sorts of mods based around the idea of using a floor pump to inflate a reservoir using bits off my compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautonier View Post
    Wow, what an awesome DIY mod! Might have to give that a try. I'm surprised the coke bottle holds 85psi without exploding.

I'm now thinking of all sorts of mods based around the idea of using a floor pump to inflate a reservoir using bits off my compressor.
    I watched a youtube video of a guy getting the coke bottle to about 100 psi before it went bang. Thats why i taped it incase it goes bad. I have seen people use a spare care wheel or the skills with phill fella on youtube used a high pressure weed sprayer from bunnings

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast