Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Met parachute

Default Met parachute

Anyone own one and more importantly do you find it too hot? I'm tossing up between a met parachute and Bell super 3r. Unfortunately I have a huge melon and am not sure the Bell comes big enough. I'm trying on a Met parachute tomorrow but would like to hear from someone who has ridden in one UP and down hills in hot weather if possible. I'd like a bit more protection for our "enduro" terrain riding days...

i have a big melon - the MET parachute didn't come big enough for me (no XL). When i pulled it down over my head it folded my ears over which was pretty uncomfortable and hard to talk to the sales assistant. struggled to get it off.

I have a standard BELL 2R and a Super 2R both fit fine with the cheek pads removed (fat face to match fat head)

Good luck when you try it on - alas heads aren't spheres so the cm size is not the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by slowmick View Post
    i have a big melon - the MET parachute didn't come big enough for me (no XL). When i pulled it down over my head it folded my ears over which was pretty uncomfortable and hard to talk to the sales assistant. struggled to get it off.

I have a standard BELL 2R and a Super 2R both fit fine with the cheek pads removed (fat face to match fat head)

Good luck when you try it on - alas heads aren't spheres so the cm size is not the whole story.
    Sure isn't. Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it a go since I'll be at the shop but I might hunt down a 3R to try then as well seeing you can get your melon into a 2R

I'm currently looking at the same set of helmets - what did you go with? How is it so far?

I have a Parachute, and a fat head. It's a good jigger with the thinner cheek pads ( comes with two sets ).
    Airflow is great, no problem on the climbs in summer.

If your looking at these helmets why not try a Fox proframe as well. I love mine comfortable and breathes well.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by born-again-biker View Post
    I'm currently looking at the same set of helmets - what did you go with? How is it so far?
    I never got there mate. I ran out of time sadly. I wear an XL TLD A1 so I don't think the Parachute would have fitted anyway. The Bell 3R is supposed to be a bigger fit than the 2R though so I will still keen to try them both at some stage.

I'm holding out for the Bell Super DH, due out in December. Looks like its a winner.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/bell-super-dh-first-ride-review

Quote Originally Posted by JTmofo View Post
    I'm holding out for the Bell Super DH, due out in December. Looks like its a winner.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/bell-super-dh-first-ride-review
    But you say you don't ride up hills...

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    But you say you don't ride up hills...
    I ride up hill.... reluctantly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast