Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying a canyon. Hidden fees

Default Buying a canyon. Hidden fees

Hello everyone. Looking at purchasing a canyon stitched 360. According to the site postsge and gst are included in the price already however im just wondering if i will get stung with any import, custom fees ect. Anyone bought off canyon recentpy able to let me know what to expect?

Nope. All fees are paid upfront. $200 shipping on top of the bike cost and that's it. You DO NOT get stung further at customs.

Quote Originally Posted by BT180 View Post
    Nope. All fees are paid upfront. $200 shipping on top of the bike cost and that's it. You DO NOT get stung further at customs.
    As above. exactly the same here for a roadbike. No extra fees

Clinically Inane

Well played Canyon.

What you see is what you get and the price indicated is what you pay; great service in my experience too.

Bought 2 bikes from them in the last 12 months. No hidden fees involved.

Excuse my ignorance , dont know much about them , the duallies look pretty interesting ... Are they good bikes ?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiinmelb View Post
    Excuse my ignorance , dont know much about them , the duallies look pretty interesting ... Are they good bikes ?
    Great bikes. Awesome value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiinmelb View Post
    Bloody awesome bikes. Google Spectral and Strive review.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_hANky View Post
    Hello everyone. Looking at purchasing a canyon stitched 360. According to the site postsge and gst are included in the price already however im just wondering if i will get stung with any import, custom fees ect. Anyone bought off canyon recentpy able to let me know what to expect?
    I've got beef.

You get charged in AUD, from Canyon Australia, but they process the transaction in Germany. I got stung with a 3% transaction fee on a $6,500 bike. Pissed.

Also why is postage not included (i.e. up the price $200) in the price for people on the Australian website? As if we are going to travel 15,000kms to pick the thing up.

I think their website is misleading and deceptive. Went through a dispute process with them and said they should include postage in their pricing and process the transactions in Australia so we aren't subsidising their international tax avoidance and they told me they would not and offered a flexfit cap to make me feel better.

Pricks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast