Formerly Farkin.net - News | Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirt Required for Pump Track Build

Default Dirt Required for Pump Track Build

The design for the pump track in my back yard has been approved and construction is set to start early December.
    Does anyone in the Newcastle/Maitland area have two hundred odd cubic meters of reasonable quality track building dirt they want to offload?

Synergy005.jpg
    Last edited by cokeonspecialtwodollars; 08-11-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    I have begun and I shall not rest until I have eradicated hope from the Earth.
    Think on this and be dismayed.

Clinically Inane

Well done sir. That concept looks mint. Is this private land or public land? If public I recommend considering the bmx track approach to creating bulk...

It's my back yard so it's mostly private but depends what tree you pick to hide in, you'll get okay views from most of them.

I'm rather looking forward to it actually, mowing that piece of grass has been my bane for the last nine years.

If the 200 cubes is calculated on jump and berm volume, you'll want at least half as much again, if not double, depending on soil type, once it's compacted.

If that render is to scale, you'll probably need 1000m3....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitler View Post
    chops makes me as angry as looking at my Crank Bros dropper post does
    Quote Originally Posted by no one ever View Post
    Australia Post is awesome!

Yes dirt does have that fluff factor that needs to be considered, there is a bit of cutting to be done and not a heap of options to stockpile so we intended to start with the two hundred and then truck in more as needed.

Clinically Inane

What about "clean" fill for a base? Or old tyres (as per many a box track)?

Your house is an interesting design, thus my question over the land.

Are you building it or is a company doing for you? What dirt is under the site atm? You can get lots of dirt and get drainage at the same time

Synergy have provided the concept and are engaged to complete the works. The existing dirt mainly consists of large rocks, you don't get much below 400mm out here before you hit rock. A major part of the approval was extensive and eye pleasing landscaping so unfortunately "drainage to rival the trenches of Gallipoli" shall not be considered an option to source the dirt required.

Clinically Inane

Surely your approving officer could appreciate a good pond system? Include a lovely water feature, some various lilies and lotus, a meditation Island, various blossoming trees around and some fish...you might scrape in.

Rocks sux.... I'd say you're stuck between a rock and a hard place...haha *sorry* ........ and what ever you do, don't do the fish!! we got fish in a pond, you gotta feed them, birds will come eat them, then you got to make a net to cover the pond to stop them, and then ............... and then..................and then.............. haha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast