Any Zwifters out there?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
But it's not my dirty money, and that's important.

I have every intention of going back to TrainerRoad, maybe with Zwift on top, depends on the Minister of War and Finance, but a couple of financial decisions 6 months ago have led us to this.
Did a quick test tonight to have a look, few pedals, stop and adjust. Tweaked the graphics settings and sound.... there is no in-game sounds yet, still to come.
You can only change appearance to 4 different skins, Arab, white, Asian and dark.
The bikes are basically all the same weight-aero so might as well ride the standard.
You can change jerseys between MyWhoosh and UAE jerseys.

Start pedalling and the legs of the avatar take a 2-3 seconds to move, the graphics are not as crisp and its nowhere near as fluid as Zwift.
The layout of the in game screen is very similar and the connection screen is nearly identical.
Connecting the trainer and HR was identical to Zwift, Power/control/cadence all auto connected to BT and the HRM gave me a choice of BT and ANT+.
I do like the HR zone highlight scale on the right and the smaller see through dash board.

Its certainly not to Zwift level IMO but it is free and I suppose it can only get better.

PXL_20240514_113736655.jpg

Last edited:

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Did a quick test tonight to have a look, few pedals, stop and adjust. Tweaked the graphics settings and sound.... there is no in-game sounds yet, still to come.
You can only change appearance to 4 different skins, Arab, white, Asian and dark.
The bikes are basically all the same weight-aero so might as well ride the standard.
You can change jerseys between MyWhoosh and UAE jerseys.

Start pedalling and the legs of the avatar take a 2-3 seconds to move, the graphics are not as crisp and its nowhere near as fluid as Zwift.
The layout of the in game screen is very similar and the connection screen is nearly identical.
Connecting the trainer and HR was identical to Zwift, Power/control/cadence all auto connected to BT and the HRM gave me a choice of BT and ANT+.
I do like the HR zone highlight scale on the right and the smaller see through dash board.

Its certainly not to Zwift level IMO but it is free and I suppose it can only get better.
But being so unrefined, it makes the UCI corruption all the worse.
From what I've read, the racing dynamics are pretty awful and the skeptic in me wonders how much they'd be caring about anti cheating methods

ozzybmx

But being so unrefined, it makes the UCI corruption all the worse.
From what I've read, the racing dynamics are pretty awful and the skeptic in me wonders how much they'd be caring about anti cheating methods
Dual power metres required for cash races, a thing people have been asking for on Zwift.

$1,000,000 prize pool for the MyWhoosh Championship and $90,000 a month in prizes for the Sunday race cup.

Not sure how these racers are putting up with the lag and graphics, IMO Zwift is a lot nicer and faster to respond to trainer input.

I'll keep an eye on it as there seems to have weekly updates and looking at the bakebook page, they seem to be trying to strike while the iron is hot with the Zwift price increase, getting new stuff happening. This will probably result in bugs and crashes.

Next update, transfer your Zwift level straight in to MW... really sticking the knife in.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Do anyone zwift on an exercise bike, at the moment we are between houses but I have cheap exercise bikes at both, looking for a minimum investment.
You certainly can, but it won't have any of the smart trainer effects. You would be far better suited using my whoosh or another free program. That way, you still get the engagement factor without any added costs.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Dual power metres required for cash races, a thing people have been asking for on Zwift.

$1,000,000 prize pool for the MyWhoosh Championship and $90,000 a month in prizes for the Sunday race cup.

Not sure how these racers are putting up with the lag and graphics, IMO Zwift is a lot nicer and faster to respond to trainer input.

I'll keep an eye on it as there seems to have weekly updates and looking at the bakebook page, they seem to be trying to strike while the iron is hot with the Zwift price increase, getting new stuff happening. This will probably result in bugs and crashes.

Next update, transfer your Zwift level straight in to MW... really sticking the knife in.
How much time have you spent riding with Whoosh now, Ozzy?

A free to use, harvesting all our data, system sounds appealing. Zwift does seem to be a much more polished user experience though.

The Game-like aspects of Zwift are something I would probably get into. Would I be better off with Zwift for that?
I don't really care about the racing right now, more interested in the little dopeamine hits from leveling up and qualifying for shinier fake bikes. esp the tron bike, and performance enhancing nick-nacks.

ozzybmx

How much time have you spent riding with Whoosh now, Ozzy?

A free to use, harvesting all our data, system sounds appealing. Zwift does seem to be a much more polished user experience though.

The Game-like aspects of Zwift are something I would probably get into. Would I be better off with Zwift for that?
I don't really care about the racing right now, more interested in the little dopeamine hits from leveling up and qualifying for shinier fake bikes. esp the tron bike, and performance enhancing nick-nacks.
Only downloaded it 2 days ago to see what its like.

Yeah Zwift has great appeal, level ups, rewards for completing routes, challenges, cruisy rides with pace partners, accumulating sweat drops to reach NBD, different bikes and wheels affect climbing and aerodynamics, loads of people riding, giving ride ons, reaching 50,000vm for the tron bike. Its good and its a bit addictive, definitely has the dopamine factor.

Its taken me 3yrs to reach the 50,000vm as I only ride it occasionally, @rockmoose and @Ackland are probably the 'get your moneys worth' users around here.

I dont mind subscribing when the weather is shit, Winter is coming and I'll do the next few months. Usually I keep the subs going until I realise I haven't used it in a month (or 2), that has now changed, I'm on the ball with usage and will cancel as soon as my participation drops off.